Monday, December 22, 2008

My Day

I really intended to post some picts from the party but by the time I re-cleaned the basement (after the kids cleaned it), it was 2am and I was dead beat. Or dead meat. Either way when I woke up at 7:00 for work today it was 10 degrees outside and I felt like I hadn't slept at all. By the time I got out of the tub I was slightly more awake and when I let the dogs out, the icy air hit me hard enough to wake me up the rest of the way. I was so awake that I decided to wear my black and gray argyle tights with my black Gap wrap dress that I got for 8 bucks and my cute gray sweater with the wierd half sleeves. Normally I go for comfort since Sundays at the restaurant can be messy and usually involve me bending over to pick up a number of different things (straw wrappers, bus tubs, silverware...) and I don't want to show any scary body parts.
I got some compliments. "Hey you look nice today", " I love your outfit " and my favorite (from one of my teen employees) "Hey you look cute today with your leg things and dress." Does this imply that I normally don't look cute? I never get that much attention and I always dress somewhat decent so I now believe they don't usually notice how I am dressed. From now on I will wear lounge pants to work. Why waste time getting dressed nice when I could sleep in and throw on a pair of sweats. But, I will bathe and wear makeup. And wash my hair. I still have a little pride and mom always said to never leave the house with out lipstick on. But the sweats.... gonna think real hard about it. The rest of my day was spent napping by the fireplace, playing Scrabble with the family, and spaghetti cooked by Mr. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!