Friday, December 19, 2008

Observations

  1. While getting a fuse for my dome light in my suv replaced I hear a mechanic singing ( in a high pitched voice) "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. All the words. The right words. Trust me. ( I kissed his poster in my room every night for most of grade school)
  2. It took an insanely long time to find the fuse box. They actually asked ME where the fuse boxes were. Really? I don't even like pumping gas, do ya think I change fuses? Plus I had the car for like 48 hours. I just know it's not under the back passenger seat. They looked. Three different guys. The internet saved the day in the end. An hour of my life I can't get back.
  3. While waiting for said hour, a travelling family with a broken down vehicle came in the waiting room and interrupted my nap by loudly asking what time the local indoor playplace opened. When they were told it closed 2 years ago and is now a Mexican restaurant, the mother gave a sigh of relief and the father asked her to get him a burrito. It was 10am. The kids were brushing their teeth in the service departments bathroom (ew) and I heard the little girl tell her dad she hadn't brushed her hair in 2 days. I try not to judge but they had a very nice minivan, and they were dressed well (although disheveled) If I am travelling for long periods I stop to brush my teeth and hair at least a couple of times a day. I wanted to ask where they were from and what their story was but they were weird. At one point the father mentioned that there was a wrestling tourney at noon and they should pretend they were from here so they could watch it. I finally understood! Travelling wrestling groupies. Some other odd things were said but it was my time to go and it couldn't have been too soon. They stared at me the entire time too. I WAS listening to Muppets Christmas songs on my IPhone so maybe that was it.
  4. Last night when I was on the computer, I heard a clatter at the front windows of the house so I rose out of my chair to see what was the matter (Christmas humor) The Big One (18) was looking out his 2nd story OPEN window (20 degrees outside) and the folding fire escape ladder was trailing down toward me with his friend halfway down. Mr. Funny had bought the boys these ladders for their upstairs rooms the minute we closed on the house a year ago. He has a fire phobia. I am glad to know that they work although testing them out on someone elses kid over a cement walkway might have been a mistake. I am surprised he didn't break the windows when he threw the ladder over his window sill since it was so close to the glass and the sounds I heard were her hitting the window with her feet. I don't know if I can take much more Christmas vacation and it just started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!