Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Foot in Mouth Disease

A few months ago at work, the man that checks our kitchen exhaust system and recharges our fire extinguishers dropped by for a service call.
He was in his early 20's and very handsome. (in an unassuming way)
In the town I live in, I see very few really good looking men. My husband is definitely the best looking. (I am not just saying this b/c he reads my blog and the previous statement will irritate him)
Long story short: he checks the exhaust system and all the other crap while a few of the girls and I ogle him and giggle like little girls.
He brings me an invoice to sign and I say to him, "how often do you come?"
One of the girls comes up behind me with a bus tub full of dirty dishes and not missing a beat whispers loudly: "that's kind of a personal question, isn't it?"
It takes a minute for her statement to sink in. Then it does. I stare at him. He quite possibly didn't hear her. He stares back at me. I start laughing, she starts laughing. Like loons.
He just stares at us. While we laugh like loons. I might have even snorted.

Now I did not mean to sexually harass the poor guy. I wanted to know when to expect his next visit. And this girl has some kick-ass timing and is fast on the draw. Needless to say he has never returned and the guy who "comes" now always kind of smirks at us.

1 comment:

  1. Too, too funny! That sounds like something I would say ... and totally not "get it" until someone started laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!