Saturday, April 11, 2009

Love and Pistols

I know it is crazy late but tomorrow is my sleep-in day and Mr. Funny is the quietest person in the mornings when it is my day to sleep in.
Which brings me to the point of this post.
I love to hear my blog friends say sweet things about their husbands. Especially if they have been together awhile.
I love my husband now more than ever and every day I learn new and interesting things about him.
It's interesting how scary situations can bring you closer.
Like yesterday.
I have always been absolutely terrified of guns.
My kids never had play guns, not even water guns except those huge super soakers.
My family and friends knew I hated them and never bought them for the boys.

My husband was in the Navy. He has shot many types of guns and has no fear; he has always wanted to have one for protection.
I had thrown around the idea of letting him get one for a few years now and I made up my mind that if I could take classes on safety and protection, he could get one.

So I took on my biggest fear (my other is flying and I did that some years ago, still hate it)and shot a gun. And I cried, and sweated, and shook, and almost threw up, and made an ass out of myself in front of the guy helping me.
And I could barely pick it up, it took me a few tries to get the courage to pull the trigger, I had to stop and get my breath and wipe my eyes.
And all my husband said was to take my time, catch some air, relax, and try again later. Or we could come back another time, if I wished.
But I never felt rushed, or judged or shamed by him.
He just hugged me and helped give me the strength to try again. So I did.

And after we left, he said I had very good aim, better than his on some of the hits.
And he was proud of me.

And today when we went to decide on which gun to get, he waited while I held a few guns and asked a million dumb questions and he said to take as much time as I needed to feel comfortable or I could always get one later. And he had been in the store a few times last week without me trying to get some ideas so I could research at home and would not have to go in and seem uneducated in front of the experts.

That was one example of how much closer I feel to him now that I have done something I am afraid of in his presence.

And he looked really hot shooting a gun.
He was confident and calm and knew what he was doing.

Then when he got home from work last night and it was raining and muddy, he took the Little One and his friends 4 wheeling in the Jeep because the boys love to do that and he knows it, even though he was tired and ready to sit down after work.

What is it about your partner that makes them "hot" to you?
Not necessarily in a sexual way.
Just something they do that makes you fall in love all over again.
Something that makes you proud to be with them.

I am waiting to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. I love to hear my hubby tell me about his day at work. It is usually very technical and he uses a lot of words I don't know, but it's a turn-on to hear him talk about something with so much authority and knowledge. His degree is in physics and watching him intelligently read books on Quantum Physics is always a bit sexy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see him with our children! He is totally hot and it makes me fall in love with him all over again! I also like to hear him talk about me when he thinks I am not listening or when he is defending me to his evil family! That's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way I feel the same way about guns. Totally hate them and don't even let the boys play with toy guns. I have held one but it makes me want to puke! I don't know if I could actually ever shoot one! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!