Sunday, May 24, 2009

Funday

Just got back from Baccalaureate.
Kind of like church for the graduates, and only about 30 or so kids out of over 300 showed.
Nobody blogs on the weekends.
I am bored out of my gourd and there is nothing to read.
We are doing nothing today.
Nothing.
Mr. Funny went target practice shooting, in honor of Memorial Day.
Helps him remember the people who fought for our country.
Or maybe it relieves stress.
Me. I am at home because shooting a gun (or holding one) CAUSES me stress.
I would prefer to honor our fellow heroes by toasting them with a cold margarita but whatever.
The Little One is mad at me.
He cannot get a hold of anyone to come over, his knee is sore and he is bored but I won't let him get on Facebook.
I tried to tell him there is nobody to talk to since he can't get them on the phone.
He took a header (he was wearing a helmet so I guess it was a knee-er) off of his bike Fri. and took his entire kneecap off.
Or it looks like it. Raw meat.
And he limps and whines and wants Mommy to rub his head.
He used to let me rub his head to fall asleep when he was little but he outgrew it so now when he is hurt or sick, I rub his head and he sits there and relaxes.
I gave him 2 Tylenol pm and let him hang out with me in my bed last night and he kept saying his knee hurt and the next thing I knew, his eyelids were closing and he limped to bed.
Did I mention he won the Jr. High spelling Bee?
Did I mention he decided not to run for Student Council/
I was mad about that because he has been in Student Council for 3 years.

I spent my entire day working on the rest of the yard yesterday, pulling weeds, raking and planting.
The entire subdivision was mowing and weed-eating and it reminded me of that movie with Kevin Bacon, She's Having a Baby.
Remember when all the guys mowed at the same time and talked about what kind of mower they had?
Great movie! I think I have the Kate Bush song, Woman's Work from the movie on my playlist.
I spent most of my time laying under bushes, thinning them out and pulling weeds.
Yes, my back hurts, thanksforasking!
Then, I took a bath and layed on the couch in my robe and fell asleep for 2 hours.
Mr. Funny got home, mowed and then we went to Applebees.

I don't know about you but I am boring my own self to death.
I will go now.
Got lots planned for the holiday.
Laundry, vacuuming, a toilet or 2 to scrub.
Let us all say a prayer that the pond guy comes tomorrow to build me a fabulous water feature.
Let us also pray that Target still has the $99 gazebos because I am not going to have an arbor built anytime soon.

But the yard looks great!

2 comments:

  1. Only 30 showed up? What's wrong with that picture?

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song by Kate Bush.... do you know that soundtrack from that movie is so hard to find... & if you do, it normally costs an arm & a leg... isnt that funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cleaning and working all weekend too. That's how I choose to honor our vets, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!