Saturday, June 20, 2009

I have been cleaning my house all day.
And by all day, I mean since 11.
I had my coffee and sent Ash off to work.
I checked on my stupid fish (another one bit the dust.......bastards)and then I went to town (doesn't that sound like I saddled the horses and took a sack lunch like on Little House?) to lay in the tanning bed for 5 minutes. I do not do that often but I needed a spot of color.
Then I came home and did laundry and dishes and counters and floors.
Ash got home and I tortured him by making him clean his bathroom top to bottom.
Oh, the sadness. Oh, the humanity!
He did an acceptable job, put his laundry away and now he is in his normal position- crouched over the computer talking to 569 of his closest Facebook friends.

Mr. Funny just got home and he is trying to solve the dead fish problem.
I told them yesterday not to die and they don't listen. It was my favorite giant striped one too. Bad Fish! See what happens when you don't listen? Let that be a lesson to the other 4.

We were invited to go on a cruise in August with our heating/cooling repairman and his wife.
If that sounds funny to you, let me tell you that with that restaurant and the coolers and freezers and cold tables and 3 air conditioning units and constant battles with them, we have gotten to be close friends with this man and his wife. She is battling cancer and we really enjoy talking to them.
Anyhow, they invited us to go on a cruise and I doubt we will be able to get away or afford it but it was a sweet thought.

We also were invited to a 40th birthday party for a girl we know (remember the surprise party a few months ago that I went to despite my social anxiety disorder and hatred of leaving the house?) It was the husbands 40th? Remember?
It is the wife's(wives?) birthday this time and it is a pool party and cookout.
I will not be putting on a swimsuit but I will be eating and drinking and since it a small gathering, I am only mildly anxious.
They pointed out that their yard is tiny (not ginormous like ours, she said) and that their Schnauzer bites everyone so I might be a little more anxious than I thought.

I am going to take a shower now.
Whatever you are doing tonight, be safe and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. I socialize so seldom we call this an outing.
    Unlike the popular connotation you DO NOT have to tell anyone that you like girls. That would not go over well at the party.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest leaving the milkbone underwear at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much like you, I am not a big fan of socializing. I love being around my close group of friends but when it comes to parties with people I have to make small talk with...anxiety. I don't know you so I have no idea what to talk about besides work and the weather. I also don't want to be the wife who sticks by her husbands side because that would make me anti-social. Sometimes it's just easier to stay home and just be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!