Saturday, June 13, 2009

I was getting all the food ready and all the kids were in the basement playing Halo when Nick came up with Jac (the chinchilla) in his hands.
He was laying very still and his eyes were glassy as he struggled to breathe and made these sad tiny noises.
It was obvious he was suffering and wasn't going to make it.
I called our vet and one other I knew and when I got no answer, I had Mr. Funny take him out to my MIL's to put him out of his misery.
Of course Nick said it was the worst birthday party ever and went upstairs to his room crying but I explained that he was in heaven now and he could love on Finn to make him feel better.
He is doing ok now.

Part of me is sad (to see my baby cry) and another part is relieved because those things live for 25 years and these kids will be moving out in a few years.
Jac ( short for Just a Chinchilla) was a sweet little guy and he will be missed by every kid that ever came over here and watched him run like a lunatic around the basement.

Now if you will excuse me, I must go try to get more awesome photos and try to withstand the pain of Katy Perry and Elvis. They sure have odd music preferences. Some wanted Kiss and others Lady Gaga.

I also lost 2 fish. One little one yesterday and a big one today and my pond looks like iced tea so the pond guy came out and put something in it.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, he will "remind" you of this birthday "party" well into his 30's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sad about Jac...chinchillas are so adorable..he knows he was well loved and I bet he misses your son as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the pond guy add sugar and a bit 'o lemon?
    Mmm. That'd be yummy.

    I am sorry 'bout your Jac and your son's grief. My sole recollection of a chinchilla is Ohwowisthatsoft, and I'm sure it was a fun pet.

    I'm looking forward to your post of today's party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa baby -- girl/boy parties?! Ackk! I'm so not ready for that! How old are they when this starts?! I need to go fix a drink now!

    Sorry about Jac. We are big animal lovers here and you don't want to know who all is buried under the weeping cherry in our front yard. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!