Monday, August 10, 2009

And when I needed it the most.....

Another FABULOUS award!

I have not been a very entertaining blogger lately.
Too many things going on and I have been grouchy and whiny and tired.

But yet, Stacey thought I deserved an award and by golly, I love her!

The rules are:
List five current obsessions and pass the award on to five more fabulous blogs
  1. Getting my house, car and life clean and organized- it has been a busy summer.
  2. Finding great sales on summer and back to school items, including dorm decor.
  3. Eating healthier, cutting out the soda (even diet), sugar and junk food.
  4. Finishing my painting projects.
  5. Keeping up on my blog and commenting to others blogs as much as I can.
I am tagging everyone who follows me because I am too tired to pick and I don't want to hurt feelings!

Yesterday, after we finally got home, we took Mr. Funny's sister (here from Jersey) out for Italian food and good conversation and I went to bed early.

Today, the last of the gospel people left and we were crazy busy til about 2 and then we headed to the city for some more shopping for the dorm room and school supplies.
We bought Ash a MacBook Pro something something something with so many giga whatevers and blah blah. I let Mr. do all that mess since I prefer a pc.
We went back to Kohl's for a few more things and then Sam's and Target and Barnes and Noble (Nick has to read To Kill a Mockingbird for school and I got The Time Traveler's Wife)
We had Olive Garden for dinner and then I had to go home to clean the basement and bathroom because my 2 youngest sisters are coming tomorrow with my nephews and have I mentioned that we are living in SQUALOR???????
Everything is picked up but nothing is clean.
I got someone to cover my shift Tuesday so we can hit the outlet mall.
Anyway, I am going to be busy trying to get all of these things done tomorrow plus get groceries before they get here.
Have a great week!!

10 comments:

  1. Your crazy/busy day actually sounds fun. I'd like a planned/purposeful day of shopping. I'd really love it if it didn't end w/buyer's remorse and/or complete diet failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is it not supposed to? I always have that!!!!!! Do you think I had only salad at Olive Garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your sises have a great visit. R&R is definitelyt what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award. I found your blog through the comment you left on Life of a Southern Belle - your reference to your son's major caught my eye. I've been lurking around reading your previous posts, and I love your comments about band kids. So true! You might get a kick out of a post I did a while back - "If you're not laughing by now...". Love your blog, I'll be back! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the award! you do have a fabulous blog!! enjoy your visit with your sisters/family! sounds like fun! remember, they are coming to see you and not your house :)

    I love To Kill a Mockingbird; it was my favorite book growing up. I hope Nick enjoys it; I've heard good things about the Time Traveler's Wife too; enjoy reading! (assuming you have time to do so :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! I looked up the In Thoughts of You print. I love it! Thanks for the info on the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, To Kill a Mockingbird is a one of a kind.

    The of the greatest books ever written...everyone should read it.

    But like I said, it is one of a kind. It was so well written that the movie is nearly line for line of the book. The only passage that is missing from the movie is when Atticus makes Jem go sit and read to their mean old lady neighbor.

    Just FYI in case things get down to the wire.

    Not to mention it was Robert Duvals first movie. He's the one who played Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would gladly take two of the five, crap one, any one of them to have done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful time with your family and congrats on your well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having a fab time! Can't wait to hear about your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!