Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Could this be any less entertaining on my part?

We are having some serious problems with work right now and I don't even want to discuss it except to say that we have a few employees that I wish would just go away.
One of them being our general manager.
She has got to be the most negative person I have ever known and because her life is less than lovely, she feels as if it is her job to spread her poison.
We also need to hire a couple of cooks and a server and we don't see eye to eye on that issue either so it is Mr. Funny and I against the world, it seems.

Throw in my ability to feed off other peoples emotions and my depression and it is a bucket of good times around here.
I stay happy and positive at work around the employees and customers but at home I am doing the best I can.
I am not sleeping much either.
Nick has been busy with school and band so he has been out of the loop, fortunately, but he knows I am struggling.
Oh, and my college son has no interest in calling me.
Go figure.

So, to maintain some sort of a blog post that is slightly more interesting than all of that mess I just wrote, I am going to borrow (from Kimber) a borrowed meme and challenge you to join me in the madness.
If you are still reading this after my doom and gloom.

1. Hottest movie star?

Female- Charlize Theron
Male- Christian Bale

2. Apart from your car and house, what is the most expensive item you have ever bought?

Aside from the restaurant? The money pit?
My ring and Mr. Funny's Tag Heuer watch

3. What is your most treasured memory?

I am going to agree with Kimber because my mom called me every single birthday and told me my birth story. I should have written it down in detail.
I also treasure the memory of meeting my husband, and having my kids.

4. What is the best gift you ever received as a child?

A pony.

5. What is the biggest mistake you ever made?

There are some I won't discuss for personal reasons and at this time the restaurant feels like a mistake but the main one would be not visiting my mother in the hospital when she was sick because I felt like I couldn't get away. I wanted to make it less real and a visit would bring it to life. I wanted to wait til she got home. She didn't. Stupid.

6. 4 words to describe yourself:

Emotional, sarcastic, funny and sad

7. What was the highlight/lowlight of 2008?

Highlight- buying our dream home
Lowlight- not having my mother anymore

8. Favorite Films?

Serendipity, Elf, Drop Dead Fred, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, Twilight, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, wow there are a lot more.....

9. Tell me one thing I don't know about you--

I was on a local tv show in high school. It was called Teen Talk and we had to talk to an audience of our peers and take questions about drugs, sex and other things pertaining to the trials of being a teen. They picked the 2 most responsible kids from each school in the area and there were about 10 of us. It aired every Saturday for a month or so.

10. If you were a comic book/strip cartoon character, who would you be?

Lucy from Peanuts

Now go, do it! Give me something to read to keep my mind off of all of this other stuff.
Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry work sucks right now, and He will call when he needs something. lol
    I can totally see you being on a teen talk show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...had a day yesterday myself BUT...Today is a NEW day!! I'm counting on it being a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the drama of employees all too well. Sorry to hear you are struggling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw that blurb about your mom brought a tear to my eye... and as far as your general manager, it's your restaurant, why can't you just say adios and have a nice life to the oxygen-sucker?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun - you made me think.. I actually did my post today from yours... gave you a shout out too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My college son had no interest in calling me either (the first year). Then, I don't know if it was maturity or the fact that he noticed that his sister who left for college the year behind him always got stuff in the mail from me and mentioned that he didn't. I said, well the amount of times you call home directly relfects on the amount of stuff you get in the mail. Ha
    He called home a little more often after that. Still not as often as I'd like or as often as his sister but hey . . . it's something. :)
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. someone told me when my son moved out last year (only to come back a few months later, LOL) that it is good to give them distance when they first move out and to be almost "indifferent" towards them when they call; since they are trying to work out their own independence, etc. The fact that Ash hasn't called is a good sign; means he's probably doing pretty good, doing what he needs to, and is adjusting to college life; that is good but hard because I know you miss him.

    then you add on all the drama you are going through with work (which that general manager would cause me stress to, its exhausting to be around negative people) and no wonder you are having trouble sleeping and having difficulty handling things. hugs to you and I can only hope it gets better soon!

    enjoyed reading your meme answers; I too didn't go and see my mom when she was in the hospital; silly me. I didn't listen to the doctors when they said family should come and visit. I thought she would get better......I was wrong......something I will regret but learn from

    glad Nick is doing good with school study

    hang in there!!!!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I feel your pain. We have all been there. You're just on the downhill part of the rollercoaster. I will still be reading your blog, rain or shine. There is no where to go but up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. well crap, nothing i can say that hasn't already been said. i'm sorry things suck :(. but nothing sucks forever right? things always get better! there's not much that can be done about the stress your kids bring but don't let your employees get you down. just fire them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, I didn't know my bloggy friend was a television star! How exciting!

    Sorry things are rough at the restaurant. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!