Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Guess who found her webcam?

I am too tired to talk about how annoying these gospel people are.
I would have assumed that listening to gospel music would fill you with love and joy.
Nope.
That is all I am going to say.
I am counting the days til they are gone.

ps. there are a few pleasant ones but the obnoxious ones outnumber them by far.

Nick is at band camp (at school) all week from 8-8.
He is pink in the cheeks, exhausted and learning all the cool marching band moves.
We have one of the best bands in the state and our band director works them hard.
I enjoy going to all of the competitions and football games to watch them march. (I detest football)
We donate a lot of time and money to the music program.
To all the people who make fun of band kids, you should know that they work their asses off, watch each others backs and for the most part are good kids.
When the guys at work make fun of the band kids, I ask them why they are still working for me instead of going to college.
Music is what is paying my son's $22,000 tuition.
I am helping to cook and serve lunch to the kids tomorrow and even though I would love to be sleeping in, I am proud that my other child is now involved in such a great program.

7 comments:

  1. I love band music! good for Nick for being involved in it!! my brother (years ago; I graduated 1975 and he in 1974) was in marching band and I always enjoyed watching the band perform. Sadly, and I'm not sure why, my kids' high school(s) didn't have the traditional marching bands I knew from growing up. They had band, but the band didn't perform that elaborate half-time show and have those cool band uniforms.

    Playing an instrument is hard work (hubby is a great guitarist); playing an instrument and walking while doing so is a lot of hard work! good for Nick!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're surrounded by fundies I reckon.
    I'd rather eat glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I bet you are makeing something tasty for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you always look like you have a secret? Good for your son! Tuition is expensive and being musically inclined is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 hour practices!! I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am proud too and agree with you totally about band people. I don't know why there is a negative stigma on people who play music and play it well. I know the marching outfits may be pretty bad - someone should petition a worldwide demand for change on those! - but everything else they learn is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely support band and our band program at our school. I know it makes the world of difference for kids and it's a great social outlet for them too. It helps pay for college if you're good at what you do in band, I know my sister got some help that way. I can't imagine any school without a band :) Congratulations on having such a very talented son.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!