I worked all day yesterday, didn't eat until 6:30 pm (Mexican and a margarita plus a Corona, Eloh)
and then got up and did it all over again today.
I know, waaa. ♪♫ I'm whining.
Can you imagine what my house looked like with the boys and dogs home alone for 2 days?
I went straight from work to the city with Nick to do some school shopping (have I mentioned how much I hate Aeropostale these days? the shirts always end up with holes) so we hit American Eagle, Hollister (could they spray more cologne in there?) and Abercrombie and Fitch (ditto) plus Finish Line, Footlocker, Old Navy, and Game Stop. I was accosted by a very feminine man at The Body Shop about my tree necklace and he was thisclose to me examining it and he so badly wanted one.
I ended up with a cute top ($6 Old Navy) and half priced shoes (buy one get one half off)
Nick ended up with 8 shirts, 2 plaid shorts, socks (Journeys has the best socks in all colors) Puma trainers (his favorite) a battery pack for the XBox, sunglasses, 2 jeans.
Then we ended the day with a hibachi style dinner at Nick's fave place.
Drove an hour home.
Finn had gotten out of the kitchen today and ate an entire loaf of bread, one of my floral arrangements and had set off the house alarm (the company called Mr. Funny in the middle of lunch rush, he couldn't wake up Ash who was dreaming his car alarm was going off) so he started to run home and got a hold of Ash who was mad that he was awakened so rudely at 1pm.
He never fed or let out the dogs and when he found the mess, he left it (college starts in 3 weeks)
The cops never had to be called and the glass break alarm for the office is what went off so I am guessing Finneus Furface knocked the fan over and it hit the window and set the alarm off. The dining room chairs were toppled too and there was fluff from many toys (of his) everywhere.
I told Mr. that I would clean it up when I got home and along with the thousand silk flowers all over the living room, I found 2 of Finn's teeth.
Just so we are clear, the tooth fairy does NOT bring gifts to bad puppies.
I decided to vacuum the entire downstairs and then cleaned the kitchen and ran the washing machine and dishwasher and here I am.
A freaking QUEEN!!!!!!!!
You bet I am.This is from a former homecoming queen (like my sister) and present everyday Queen who just became a new follower of mine.
I love her profile picture!
So, a thousand thank you's and I will accept this title with grace and humbleness.
Now, I need to tag 6 people who deserve the title and i have more than 6 but I will keep it small.
You are all queens! (except the guys, you are jesters, er..... I mean kings)
- Mel- you also live with 3 men and you put up with a lot of crap plus we are sisters. Thanks again for the great tops! You will someday look back on these hard times with your kid and smile. Like I do. I think. (again, college starts soon)
- Deanna- a great commenter and an all around fun gal! Hope we can meet up someday.
- Avon Lady/ Preppy Perception- you are so sweet and positive and you always comment, plus you get to play with make-up and perfume and fun stuff all day. You also have to deal with your hearing loss and you do that with grace!
- A Corgi- you are also an awesome commenter, have a cute dog and a great attitude. You deserve an award for your blog!
- Housewife Savant- what do I say to someone who makes me laugh (and dry heave) nearly every day. I say nearly because I don't always get to my computer every day. And you stroke my ego with your compliments. May the force be with you and don't drop your tiara when you are kissing the porcelain god.
- Stacey- you always comment and you always have something to say that makes me think. I enjoy reading what you write and you make me laugh!
One more thing (I hope you are still with me...) because the Avon Lady is having a giveaway: and you need to get some good smelling stuff to remind you of the summers when you were young and drowned yourself in coconut oil and fried to a crispy brown. You didn't? Me either....
Go over anyway! You can smell like a pina colada and there is nothing wrong with that!!!
While you are over there, check out her other blog, Preppy Perception.
And buy some Avon!!(she gives a discount) All the cool kids are doing it!
I am taking my tiara and going to bed.
Here is Finney today helping Mr. dig the hole for the Wisteria tree.
I am pretty sure he felt guilty about destroying the entire main level of the house so he was helping out. (notice the dirty snout)