Thursday, August 27, 2009

I just found out via text that my son and his roommate got their wallets stolen last night out of their room.
They were on the desk (I told him to keep it with him or in his lock box) and Ash had his debit card with over $130 in it plus the $100 we gave him for a parking pass. He had more than that but I guess he has used it.
Mr. Funny cancelled the card (flagged as stolen) and his driver's license wasn't in it so he is out $100. The card was used by him yesterday for the last time so that was good.
They could have forgotten to lock the door, or they walked off and the door didn't catch and someone walked in right after they went around the corner, (they are pressurized doors and close slowly)
Either way, I wish he didn't leave his stuff out and they were very lucky not to lose their expensive computers or all of the supplies I sent or even his clothes and extras.
I hope this is a learning experience for them.

I do like Carrie's answer of how often they call reflects on how many goodies they get. Nick and I were grocery shopping last night and he wanted me to send Ash some cut-up watermelon and grapes and berries. I am sure that is exactly what he wants! Nick, on the other hand, finds fruit to be better than candy.

I, of course, have more things to worry about now and drinking in the daytime is starting to sound really appealing.

And Kimber, I would love for her to quit or to fire her but she writes the schedule, does the ordering and works long hours sometimes and if she goes, we have to take over (the 2 of us) til we train someone to replace her. We are open 7 days a week and that would really be a pain plus her 2 kids would quit too. We are working out the kinks and doing some hiring and we need a backup plan for if she does quit but Mr. Funny is going to let her know that we are the ones on the mortgage and she needs to enforce our rules and policies and if she doesn't want to, she can move on. Personally, if she left, it would be a blessing in disguise.
We give her a generous salary plus bonuses for watching labor and she would not make that anywhere else.
She was here, along with most of the employees, when we bought the place and the previous owner (who now cooks for us) had warned us about her but we always tried to make her feel trusted and loved.
She really isn't a bad person but she has a husband who was in jail years ago and now "can't find a job" (wants us to give him one- never going to happen) and many other problems plus she smokes like a chimney and has health and weight problems and was dealt a bad life card.

On the up side, I did find some super soft tanks at Walmart yesterday (there are 2 on a hanger and they are $6 for both) made from organic cotton and they are a dream to sleep in.
And I love to sleep.

I really have a lot of things to do and the lawn service is coming (Mr. is busy and the jungle is growing) so I have to go pick up dog toys and the hose and some furniture but I will be back later.

8 comments:

  1. I worried about this constantly because it happens so often. My kids locked up their computers with cables but still...if somebody wanted them, they'd get them.

    It's really sad, isn't it? It just takes a split second for someone to go in and grab something and wallets and handbags are usually right out in the open.

    I'm sorry it happened to your son.

    PS. I found you through Knit by God's Hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of it this way.....this college class/life lesson only cost you $100. pretty cheap in the scheme of things. Maybe this lesson will help the boys keep their room a lot safer and more secure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nightmare! but I like what Eloh said; hoping the boys will be a bit more cautious the next go around, but what a hassle in the meantime to get new cards issues, old cards reported as lost, new driver's licenses, etc.

    what's even sadder is that there is a thief(or thieves) roaming the halls of that college......

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks! The nerve of some people! I hope they try to use the card and their asses get thrown in jail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a problem at all colleges. I can't tell you how often things were "borrowed" and never returned when my daughter was in college. That was 13 years ago, though - the toys have become more valuable and easier to lift. Sorry it happened and happened so fast. Hopefully he learned from it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The theives of this world are out in full force!! I had over $300 stolen this week, from someone using an ATM in Mexico!!!! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg I wish I could give you a hug..(have no idea if you're the huggin type..lol) but you sound like you could use one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. daytime drinking is soooooo underrated.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!