Monday, August 24, 2009

If You Get a Kid a Gym Sac...............

We picked up Nick and his friend after school today and headed to Hibbett Sports to get him a bag for school.

Just for fun I had him try on a pair of shoes that were marked down to $10 to use for morning band practice when the field is wet. Even though they are soccer type shoes, they are perfect for walking in the dirt/mud so I grabbed them.

Meanwhile, Mr. Funny is picking out a couple of baseball gloves for himself and Nick and a new baseball so I sent Nick to pick out a bag.

While he was picking out a bag, I tried on a pair of running shoes or 2.
I decided on a pair of Nike Shox (never owned any, I usually get Puma or Adidas).

Ready to pay, I head up to the register, grab a few packs of Nike socks because they are buy one get one half off.

While he is ringing me up and asking me if I have a rewards card, Mr. Funny is standing at the back wall looking at shoes.

He decides to try on a pair as well.

He tries on 3 different pair, finally decides on one and we go up to finish checking out.

Nick's friends' mom shows up (he called her) to get HIM a bag too and also the yellow shoes for band. And the socks.

This story reminds me of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, kind of.
We did actually leave with a bag for Nick but also with 3 pairs of shoes, 6 pairs of socks, a baseball, and 2 baseball gloves (who knew those were so darn expensive)

My shoes (they are so comfortable)
Nick's shoes....($10!)

I will probably talk about our trip to KC to drop the college kid off tomorrow.
I have to go around and gather all the trash (especially in Ash's room) and get busy cleaning this messy house but I will make time.
I just realized how boring my blog is anymore with the shopping and talking about college.
I need to dig up some funny!

9 comments:

  1. give it a week and I bet there will be something interesting to write as Nick and Ash settle into school and the adventures begin

    nice looking shoes!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound like me going to Target. I work off of a list but as I'm walking around and see stuff, I just have to get it. This is why I try not to shop alone. I love the pictures of you dropping your son of at his dorm, they tell a great story. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those shoes! They are cute. That trip is like anytime I go to costco-I go for 2 things and come out with a cartful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a brown pair of Shox and I loved them. I used to only wear Fila, but for some reason they're really hard to find here anymore. And how can you beat finding a pair of kicks for $10?!?! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shoes are nice but I absolutely love Nick's shoes! Your shopping trips are funny. You go for one thing and come away with 10!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look in your bottom. There is something funny there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shoes!

    I feel like that book all the time. I can't get out of Target or Walmart without spending $100 on stuff I didn't know I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nike Shox! I bought a pair last year and they are so comfy. Yours are very pretty! (I guess I'm probably not supposed to call a pair of athletic shoes "pretty." My husband would cringe! But I'm a girlie-girl. What can I say?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep trying to clean out Theo's room; but it is such a mess, I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!