Thursday, August 27, 2009

More of the Same Less of the Lame

Welcome Blueviolet! I love the name of your blog: A Nut in a Nutshell. Clever.

I had a bad morning feeling sorry for myself and Mr. Funny, being very upbeat and positive (because he is annoying that way) tried to pull me out and then I got my books from Borders that I ordered last week and I picked up my son from school and he was making me laugh and now I am better.
Than I was a little better, but still, I am angry and sad and tired and I have a headache.

It doesn't help that I am behind on my housework and laundry and I feel overwhelmed and under appreciated.

I did go back to Walmart for a couple more pairs of those knee-length Jantzen athletic shorts and 4 more super soft tanks and I put my workout clothes on, picked up Nick and took Kona on a long walk.

And I got caught in a heckofa rainstorm and was soaked to the bone (Kona was pissed off!) and my hair and clothes and shoes were wet and I started laughing and I think Nick thought "oh man, she is GONE"

I have been reading all of your blogs lately but not commenting because I have been cranky and tired but I plan to get back on that horse because I know how much I adore comments and it sucks not to get any.

I also called a friend of mine today that I met when our kids were in pre-school together. We haven't talked for 6 months or so because we are so busy but I really adore her (she only lives 20 min. away) She said she was thinking about me today before my call and looked me up on Facebook. Psychic? Maybe. I got to thinking about her when we passed the town she grew up in on our way to KC last weekend.
I ran into her at Walmart in December of last year (I saw a girl with gorgeous boots on and stopped her to compliment her and when she turned around it was Brenda!!!) and she mentioned that she had lost both of her in-laws in a few months time and her dad had just been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor and her mom has Parkinson's disease. She had known about my mom passing as I had called her so I told her to call me when the craziness passed and we never got together.
Long story longer (as I am wont to do)
We are meeting tomorrow for lunch and she is one of those friends that you just pick up where you left off the last time.
I could really use her sweetness and positivity and I am positive that Mr. Funny is thrilled that I might just be getting out of the house, if not for just a lunch date.
I need to find something cute to wear because she sells cosmetics and always looks like a living doll. Plus she can take the most plain item of clothing and accessorize it to look like something off a runway (not the weird crazy stuff)

I don't talk about religion much because I am not as comfortable with it as some but I am a Christian and I do believe that there is a God that takes our problems and helps to show us solutions. It isn't always obvious at first and sometimes you really have to look but I have decided to put all of this work mess into HIS hands and he can show me the way.
There. I said it. And it was only mildly uncomfortable.
Today it was the comforting hug that my husband gave me when he said it would all be alright and you know, it will be.
Hopefully before I lose my mind.
I am also praying for some peace for my sister who is having a tough time with her free spirited and sometimes difficult 4 year old.

I am borrowing this from Deanna because it hit me hard: this is so very true (and it what Mr. Funny always tries to tell me)

By Anzelle En Juan Bezuidenhout

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us..

My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.

As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.

Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,

so...Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

The wallet issue. Ash said that the suite mate next door had friends over last night while he and his room mate were down at the practice room and since there is a bathroom between the 2 rooms, anyone from the suitemates room can go into the bathroom, open the other door and enter my son's room. (Their front door was locked). This cannot be changed for fire safety reasons (have to have 2 exits) so I stressed the importance of using the lock box we got him and the locking drawer they each have.
They filed a police report and Mr. Funny called the head of security and head of residential life but basically, they must watch their own stuff.
The sad part is that his room mate is in the military and has 6 different wallets (he is a fashionisto) and he lost many credit cards, military ID's and lots of cash. He had many card to cancel and he has to go through a long process to get a new card for the military. He also has a gun that he is allowed to keep on him (no, I am not worried at all) and that was locked up or in his pocket. Thank God!
It was easy for me to cancel his AAA card and we had the debit card flagged as stolen but the money he had was for his parking pass (they are putting it on his account) and his student ID to eat and get in the building had to be cancelled so that the asshole couldn't use his meal plan. He had his license separate and Mr. sent him more cash today til we can get the card replaced.
It is very sad but the truth is that he is not always as careful as he should be and now he will be.

I want you all to watch this because at some time or another, most of us have been guilty of texting while driving and the reality is, it is deadly.


2 comments:

  1. That was a cheery video. Thanks for that.

    I am proud of you for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a sad video; I can barely text, forget texting and driving, but my 20 y/o does (did hopefully since I put the fear of God in him about it after we got hit by someone my hubby thinks was texting)

    I'm glad you are having lunch with your friend! I bet you guys will have a great time! I believe there is no such thing as coincidence so the fact that you guys ran into each other at WalMart a few months ago, I think God wanted you guys to be back together at this point in your lives.

    turning it to God is always the best thing to do!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!