Saturday, August 8, 2009

Oh where, oh where has my little *$^@#*^ dog gone, oh where, oh where can he be? ♪

I have a 2 hour reprieve from the restaurant so I am sitting here trying to decide if I want a short nap or just to sit and and think about it..........

Still here.
As we were getting slammed at work, the phone rang and it was my annoying neighbor calling to tell me that there was a "situation in the neighborhood"
Skip had sprung again and was loose in the hood terrorizing the villagers.
Really just them though.
I had to call and yell into the answering machine for someone to pick up the phone and go get the damn Skippy. (like my use of the expression?)
Because the 3 kids that spent the night were up all night playing Halo in the basement and did not hear the phone.
He is under house arrest now and I contemplating something very bad so I just don't look at him and he is averting his eyes from me as well.
This is the 4th day he has dug out and I am just pissed.
He loves to run around and look for skunks and visit the neighbors.

This whole gospel show business has worn us all down and thank God that band camp is over because I spent more time driving back and forth from the high school to the restaurant and back.

They are remodeling our Walmart and I have avoided it at all costs and it is tax free weekend here as well (for all school related items) and we are out of everything so we have eaten out everyday this week and sometimes 2 times a day.
I have had McDonalds, Arby's, Sonic, Steak & Shake, Dairy Queen, Burger King and Mazzios and if I get Taco Bell later, I will have covered all of the bases.
Arby's has a lovely pecan chicken salad with grapes and apples in it and I fully recommend it.
I avoided the Chinese and catfish places and I may or may not have Mexican (not Taco bell) again soon.

There was a huge power outage at lunchtime and we still had power so we had a lot more business than usual too.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to close my eyes and rest for 30 minutes before I have to head back to the trenches.
I am going to bring Skip with me and hang a sign around his neck at the cash register saying:

Free Jack Russell with purchase
Loves to travel

4 comments:

  1. LOL with Skippy; would take him in a heartbeat if Koda was fond of dogs

    glad business is good, but I'm sure it is stressful trying to get it all done with taking care of kids and loose dogs

    you are a good mom to allow a sleepover during this busy week of yours

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs are craazzy! One of my friends had one.

    I have an award for you! Come and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered hiring Skippy to replace the worthless I quit cook? I hope you get some rest soon. Your posts are wearing me out hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sign idea. I got a much-needed belly laugh out of that one.

    Now I must go shower and get these heathens ready so we can leave for your house.

    Get the tequila. I'll need a marg upon arrival.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!