Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hair and There

I am slowly putting my fall/Halloween things out.
I did unpack all of my new Pier 1 treasures and I will have to take a picture when I am finished decorating.

Is anyone interested in posting your fall decor so everyone can see how you decorate?

Do not feel bad if you don't decorate or have only a few things.
I used to have 2 pumpkins on the porch and a few things inside; fall and Halloween have always been my and my mom's very favorite so as time has gone on, I have accumulated a lot.
It could be next week so don't hold your breath.

I am on day 3 of a headache.
Ugh.

In answer to Candace's comment about hair the other day (on my prom post)
I use a Cricket Friction Free Tourmaline flat iron. It is white.
I got it from my hairstylist for around $75. I saw a Chi flatiron at Sam's Club for that price on Monday. I don't think the Chi works any better than what I have.
I really like it, you can adjust the temp, it heats up fast, and you can melt your ear off if your sister turns it way up when she is visiting and you don't realize she turned it up so hot til your ear is dripping melted ear flesh all over the bathroom.


I wash my hair.
I like Aveda Color Conserve, and Shampure and Sexy Hair Soy Milk shampoo and conditioners. I also like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because it smells like the beach. I have many bottles of shampoo and I like to toss it up and use different ones or my hair gets too used to one.


I sometimes put the Chi Silk Infusion on my hair while it is wet and then blow dry; other times I put a small amount on my hands, rub them together and then all through my hair after I dry it but before I flat iron.

I also really like the Farouk Biosilk Silk Therapy. (Farouk and Chi are the same people.)
All of their products smell amazing.

I have also used Aveda Smooth Infusion with super results.

If you have curly hair, you might not get the same results.

Aren't you glad you asked?
You can never get that time back.







11 comments:

  1. I have a secret (well it isn't so secret now) thing for quality shampoo. I've recently had to do my own little intervention and put the brakes on my addiction. That may be why my hair hasn't been behaving as well lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Fall decor! I am waiting for Hubby to get home from NY today so he can get all my stuff down from the attic. Little is even asking for the "scary stuff" to be put up. This is the time of year I miss Mom the most, but also feel the closest to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Aveda products. I use the scalp benefits shampoo and conditioner because my scalp tends to get dry. The color conserve is good too, though. And I cannot live without the Confixer lol. How sad is that? I've made up my mind to buy the Chi next time I'm at Sams Club. I'm using a cheap WalMart flat iron that isn't ceramic and I just get frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Herbal Essences products too--I wish I still had one of those beautiful bottles with the artsy picture of a woman's head on the front of it from the 70s, I always loved the "green" smell of the original product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hair products?...don't know nothing...I'm a blow and go kinda gal....and decorations?....working on it..may all be up by Thanksgiving!!

    Enjoy...LindaMay

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we went to the park the other day, the girls collected a bunch of acorns. So, we decided that we are going to make some sort of fall craft with them. I'll post a picture when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see pictures of your fall decorations when you finish decorating. I'm terrible, I don't decorate much at all; even around Christmas I get by with the barest of things

    I also, horrors, don't do much with my hair; basically wash it and let it air dry. I didn't even know what a flat iron was until son's girlfriend asked me if I had one; she actually looked horrified when I gave her a look like "what's a flat iron?" But she educated me so now I know (and now I sort of have one since she's been sort of staying here for a bit)

    enjoy your day :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day 3 of a headache?! I get migraines. Hope you find some relief!
    I don't do much for fall decor. Just a few pumpkins when they're ready to be picked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been dying to know what other people are using to protect their hair from heat when flat ironing and blow drying. I have tried so many things and have never been happy with anything.

    My stylist manages to get it so smooth and shiny and I NEVER can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to get my mums this weekend and my pumpkins the 1st weekend of October! I love fall decorations too! Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM glad that I asked! :-) Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!