Monday, September 14, 2009

Mr. Funny and I spent the day out of town shopping.
He loves malls (he doesn't) and all day shopping trips (he really doesn't- I am lying)
We started at Best Buy where I finally got a new charger for my camera battery.
I will probably find the one I lost soon.
$60. Ugh.

Actually, we started at a car wash place where they detail your entire car in 15 minutes.
Mr. Funny has been playing in the mud a lot and I was starting to get embarassed by the filthiness of it all.

We got some water pitchers and tongs and a pie cutter for work at the restaurant supply store.

At Sam's Club, I found some great fleece Perry Ellis sleep pants, flannel Izod sleep pants, a Hurley long sleeved t-shirt, and 4 pairs of cute and soft wool socks.
I also ended up with 4 giant bags of chips, a case of bottled root beer (for floats), grapes, Boursin cheese, cherry cheese danish, a case of Shasta assorted soda and a chocolate creme cake.
Who went shopping on an empty stomach?
Was it me?
Do I now have a house full of crap (do the grapes cancel out the rest?) food?

I also got some nice solar lights for the front of the house.
How long do you think they will sit in the garage?
Til the ground is frozen, I imagine.
Then I will have an excuse for why they are in the garage.

We had a fabulous lunch at Olive Garden.
7,262 places to eat and we go to the same 2 places.
I was not in a sushi mood. OG it was.
I got the stuffed chicken marsala
It was between that and the steak gorgonzola- I adore moldy cheese.
He got the shrimp caprese.

While we were eating, I was plotting and planning my trip to Pier 1.
I could see that they had a big sale when we drove by and I was NOT leaving town til I found out what they had on sale.
Oh sweet mother!
The fall decor!
The Halloween stuff!
The furniture that I love and don't need but have to have.

Words can't fully describe it but I will take a couple photos tomorrow.
I still need a table runner for fall.

Oh, and Tuesday Morning had the cutest Halloween kitchen towels that I had to have.

I am done for now.
Got to get ready for bed before that damn cake drags me into the kitchen and forces me to eat it!

8 comments:

  1. I told my mom the other day that I think I'm about 10 years away from really decorating for fall the way I'd like to... I just don't have the physical or financial energy to do what I would like! :) I'm living vicariously through your fall shopping. Photos, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those damn cakes tend to do that!
    I loved pier 1, but we don't have one anymore. I have never heard of Tuesday Morning??? What kind of store is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pier One is a killer for me too. I close my eyes when I drive by it (haven't wrecked the car yet...)

    Hubby loves to shop - and I'm not kidding. I'm the one who doesn't care for shopping. Wierd, huh.

    All in all, it sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I have to go to Pier 1 and stay away from Sam's Club. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I heard the cake calling all the way over here; why is it at place's like Sam's Club or Costco we go in for just a few things and come out several hundred dollars later?

    sounds like you guys had a great time together; yummy with lunch at Olive Garden; I love their lemon cake dessert

    enjoy the day

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to be a good girl on a budget ... hence why I'm keeping my butt at home. I know that if I venture out, I won't be able to resist all of the fall decor. I'll live vicariously through you. Can't wait to see pics!

    P.S. The cherry cheese danish sounds heavenly. I haven't had that in a long time. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I love the chocolate creme cake from Costco and that is why I am fat. Well I'm fat for so many other foods as well, but that cake has not helped. I also like going to Tuesday Morning, but sometimes you really have to dig for a good find. If I could, I would just live in Pier 1. Please shop for all of us who can't, we salute you.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love decorating, especially from Pier 1. Love that store!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!