Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Diane



Two years ago today, this beautiful person died.
The world is different now.
At first I didn't want to live in a world where she no longer existed except in memories.
I didn't want to die but I didn't want to live either.
We have learned to adjust to this world and it has been agonizing.
In 9 days my sisters and I are going to New York City and she is going with us in a small turquoise urn.
Some of her will stay there to enjoy the beautiful city that she would have loved to visit with us.
She is everywhere all of the time.
She is love.
She raised 5 kids with little money and no help from the man who helped create us.
Everyone who ever met her loved her.
She was funny as hell.
She taught us to wear lipstick for a little color, to be kind, to sing silly songs about ridiculous things.
She loved coffee.
She loved Target.
She loved make-up.
She read us books.
She adored her grand kids.
She was everything and she did the best she could with what she had to work with.
She is missed every single minute of every single day.
We are all closer now because of her.
She was a nurse.
She is an angel.
She is mom.







9 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to a lovely, in everyway woman. I am so thankful that my mother is still here, God Bless you and your sisters, have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry...I know exactly how you feel!
    And you look just like her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she was a beautiful woman!! you look so much like her! I'm so sorry for your loss, I know it is hard; sending you a cyber hug and a tears shed since she is not physically there with you all; she sounded like such a wonderful woman!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lady. Inside and out.

    I loved the post and the love you have for your mom. It made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You couldn't have written a better post. I didn't even know her and I love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Mom" sounds wonderful and I'm sorry for your loss. Enjoy your adventure and be sure to make some memories that make her trip worthwhile as well:0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only one word for this...beautiful and I mean you. I wish you so much love and laughter in your life, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!