Thursday, January 14, 2010

A new face to face the day

I will warn some of you, I will be discussing makeup so if you have man-parts or don't care about cosmetics, you might want to skip this post.

Lately, my skin has been extremely dry and I am ashamed to say, breaking out.
I have been looking for a new foundation, at least for the winter. I had almost given up and bought the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. While I was getting shampoo today at the Aveda salon, I asked about foundation since I know Aveda is plant based and my skin could use some healthy love.
She tried the Tinted Moisture SPF 15 in beechwood on me and for extra coverage applied some Dual Foundation in honey. Then to accent my eyes, she dabbed on Shimmer Accents in Moonstone (this is discontinued but she was sure they would replace it with something just as great)
She also suggested I use the Blue Malva shampoo in place of the Camomile and Color Conserve I have been using.
Mr. Funny was with me and we had lots of errands so I will have to go back another time (maybe with my sisters) and finish playing. I can never get enough of the smell of their products.

3 comments:

  1. I love Aveda products. Be sure to get your Aveda card so you can rack up points for a free gift. I just ordered a free robe earlier this week. I cannot wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! We have to Aveda shop together. You know, it is my favorite brand in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (raising my hand)...I am an addict too. LOVE Aveda. Love the candles, lotion, my clove conditioner, love the haircut (although I hate the price), Love the tea! Hmmm...gotta go make an appointment now...Holly

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!