Friday, March 26, 2010

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life- Cleaning Tips

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner




I love a clean house but I hate cleaning so I try to do a little bit every day.
On Saturdays I go through every single room and clean it whether it needs it or not.
Then I treat myself to Mexican food and a margarita with my husband for date night.
  • I have a Dyson Slim upstairs and a Dyson Animal for pet hair on the main level and an inexpensive Bissell in the basement. I adore the Dysons- worth every penny and with 4 dogs, we need them.
  • I use Bar Keepers Friend cleanser on all of my stainless appliances and the sink and faucets.
  • I use Guardsman furniture polish with UV protectant on my china cabinet, dining room table and other fine wood furniture.
  • I use Clorox Clean-up on the kitchen counters and bathrooms once a week (I need bleach) but I use the Clorox Green works collection on a daily basis.
  • I use Clorox toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.
  • I have Clorox wipes everywhere and use them daily on door knobs and faucets during cold and flu season. They are also great for daily touch-ups.
  • I only use Tide He and liquid Downy (April Fresh) for my laundry. (My kids get compliments on how good they smell.)
  • I almost never go to bed with dishes in the sink or a dirty kitchen- I cannot stand to wake up to a mess.
  • I vacuum every day. Dog hair.
  • I have 4 bathrooms (and 3 levels) so I keep cleaning supplies in each one to save time.
  • I buy toilet paper, Clorox wipes and paper towels at Sam's Club in bulk and never allow myself to get low. It's a sickness.
  • I run a bleach cycle through my washer (it recommends it for high efficiency washers), replace the air filters for the house, put dishwasher cleaner through the dishwasher, run vinegar through the coffeepot and worm the dogs on the first of every month.

I have tried to clean with vinegar. It burns my nose and smells up the house.
One of these days I am going to hire a cleaning service. I say that every week.

7 comments:

  1. Dear, a cleaning service would go to waste on you. They'd just dirty things up for you. The strange thing is that when my kids were home, I cleaned and vacuumed daily. Now, NOT!

    I shouldn't be surprised that I use a lot of the same cleaning supplies you do. I do like using vinegar, but only in very small quantities. Nothing works better on windows!

    Now after reading your list, I need a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing what I aspire to do. My house isn't messy, but I don't keep it nearly as spotless as I did when I first got married and when we bought our first home. I really have no excuse other than a lack of motivation. And that's no excuse! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand dirty dishes in a sink. It drives me crazy to see them! I use the clorox wipes a lot, but I would like to find something more green. I will use vinegar sometimes too. When it comes to the bathrooms, I feel like I need to use the heavy duty stuff though! gross! I use downy, because thats what my mom used, and we always get told how good our clothes smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds like me! I need that vac though, my doesn't even get yarn bits of the floor (crochet nut, remember!?) and i will run over something 587 times with the vac before I'll just bend over and pick it up- i'm not even 5'- not like i'm not close to the ground! i HATE a messy house, but love my studio in chaos!
    ~cm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a Dyson too and absolutely love it but I don't have a Dyson Slilm. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to check out one of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of dishwasher cleaner, but I NEED SOME! Is it just with the dish soap stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. honestly, I think I would hire a cleaning service, with the size of your house and all you have to do, it would certainly be a time saver for sure. Good idea though with the cleaning supplies in all bathrooms, that is definitely a good tip to pass on

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!