I love a clean house but I hate cleaning so I try to do a little bit every day.
On Saturdays I go through every single room and clean it whether it needs it or not.
Then I treat myself to Mexican food and a margarita with my husband for date night.
- I have a Dyson Slim upstairs and a Dyson Animal for pet hair on the main level and an inexpensive Bissell in the basement. I adore the Dysons- worth every penny and with 4 dogs, we need them.
- I use Bar Keepers Friend cleanser on all of my stainless appliances and the sink and faucets.
- I use Guardsman furniture polish with UV protectant on my china cabinet, dining room table and other fine wood furniture.
- I use Clorox Clean-up on the kitchen counters and bathrooms once a week (I need bleach) but I use the Clorox Green works collection on a daily basis.
- I use Clorox toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.
- I have Clorox wipes everywhere and use them daily on door knobs and faucets during cold and flu season. They are also great for daily touch-ups.
- I only use Tide He and liquid Downy (April Fresh) for my laundry. (My kids get compliments on how good they smell.)
- I almost never go to bed with dishes in the sink or a dirty kitchen- I cannot stand to wake up to a mess.
- I vacuum every day. Dog hair.
- I have 4 bathrooms (and 3 levels) so I keep cleaning supplies in each one to save time.
- I buy toilet paper, Clorox wipes and paper towels at Sam's Club in bulk and never allow myself to get low. It's a sickness.
- I run a bleach cycle through my washer (it recommends it for high efficiency washers), replace the air filters for the house, put dishwasher cleaner through the dishwasher, run vinegar through the coffeepot and worm the dogs on the first of every month.
I have tried to clean with vinegar. It burns my nose and smells up the house.
One of these days I am going to hire a cleaning service. I say that every week.