Thursday, March 11, 2010

Welcome Spring

We had a storm last night.
We lost power for about an hour and had some wind.
Some wind.

Here is my backyard this morning.


We don't normally prop the trampoline up against the tree.
And the frame is bent.

I think we had a mini tornado because nothing else was damaged.

I still have this cough and I have been going to bed at 9pm out of sheer exhaustion but I do feel a little better today.
Now the Little One is sick- he has a doctor appt. in an hour to rule out strep although he usually is right when he says he has it. Gravelly voice, closed up throat, cannot swallow.

I have mountains of laundry too.
Kind of makes me wish the power was still out.

I have been trying to make my list of things that I want to get done next week on spring break but I haven't felt good enough to even think.

Here is my short list:
-clean the garage
-paint bathroom cabinets
-hang pictures
-get carpets shampooed (not by me this time)
-get my closet organized (again)
-get dogs groomed (Molly is done) and winter coats brushed out
-call guy to get koi pond cleaned and ready for spring
-get the Little Ones room purged of clutter and get him a new bookshelf
-get outside of windows cleaned

The Big One went to a party out of town last night, haven't seen him much but he stresses me out anyway.

Gotta go get the kiddo to the doctor.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. This is the one thing I hate about spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed the one thing on your list that you told me you were going to do. Liar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! That's not quite the ideal storage plan, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that makes me laugh ~ haven't seen much of him but he stresses me out anyway ~

    Only we moms of college age children would get that. I actually sleep less when they are home and out for the night than away at school without knowledge of anything they're doing. Ugh

    However, I'm still looking forward to Spring Break when they are home.

    We can't win.

    I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandson had strep last week. It is going around.

    We had tornado warnings and wild rain. Nothing like you experienced though. Poor trampoline looks kind of sad.

    Get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. at least you haven't lost your sense of humor in your sickness; loved your line about the trampoline, but my oh my, that was a windstorm!!! so glad you were safe though!! poor Little One; hope he feels better soon. Why do our older teens (or in my case 21 y/o) stress us out so much? I actually thought in my head tonight (wait until you have kids.....)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!