Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Little One and his friend made some food for German class tomorrow.
They decided on beer soaked brats with onions and some kind of cookies.
I voted against the beer because I wasn't sure of the rules of the food they were to bring.
We took the brats up to the restaurant and cooked them on the big grill since there 15 of them.
I got brat hoagie buns and I am going to sautee' some onions, heat the brats up and cut the finished product into 3 pieces so everyone can sample them.
Then I have to bring them in at 11:00.
The boys made the cookies from scratch, which have a carmelized raisin and walnut center between 2 shortbread type cookies.
Not my favorite but I don't have to eat them.


I picked this up at Target, it smells divine.


My iPad was due to ship on the 13th.
Mr. Funny bought one at Best Buy when we went to the city Monday and it was the last one.
I haven't done much with it yet.
I have been tired and trying to stay on top of housework and laundry and work.
It does the same thing as my phone does except it isn't a phone.
It does download movies and books which I will use since I had always wanted a Kindle.
I watched Dancing With the Stars on it.
I wish Kate would leave. Pam too.

Mr. Funny also ordered an Apple TV (it lets you watch shows from your computer and the web on your television), a case for the iPad and a keyboard.


I wrote JCrew a note letting them know I was unhappy with their customer service and I got free shipping on my next order, (although I think they should have offered it to me before I had to write an irritated letter) so I ordered a shirt almost like the one that was cancelled.
It has taken days to ship and I still have not gotten the 1st one I ordered.

I will say this.
I ordered the Ugg flip flops I wanted at about 4:30 pm yesterday from Zappos.
Free shipping and no tax, plus if they don't fit you can ship them back free. For 365 days.
At 4:45 I got an order confirmation, at 11:15pm, I received this email:
Dear Funny,
Good news!

Although you originally ordered Standard (4 to 5 business days) shipping and handling, we have given your order special priority processing in our warehouse and are upgrading the shipping and delivery time frame for your order. Your order will ship out today and be given a special priority shipping status so that you can receive your order even faster than we originally promised!

Please note that this is being done at no additional cost to you. It is simply our way of saying thank you for being our customer.

Order #xxxxxxxx UGG Flare - Silver - 10/M
The order above has already been packed and we will be emailing you your tracking number later today, when our computer systems are finished processing all of today's transactions.

We are constantly striving to improve our service. If there is anything that we can do to help improve your experience, please don't hesitate to let us know. We like to think of ourselves as a service company that happens to sell shoes, clothing, and a whole bunch of other stuff!

If you've enjoyed your experience with us, please tell your friends and family about Zappos.com!

Thank you!

--------------------------------
Zappos.com Customer Loyalty Team
cs@zappos.com



For no reason at all.
The UPS guy came by today with them but we were both gone today.
THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I paid the same price as I would have on the Ugg website, minus any taxes or shipping.
I asked for nothing.

I got free overnight shipping.
So if you need shoes, clothes or bags, shop at Zappos.

I snapped this of Finn last night.
Cute baby dog.

10 comments:

  1. Score on the shipping upgrade! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Zappos fabulous?! I've ordered shoes from them several times and EVERY TIME I have gotten them the very next day! You're right...THAT is customer service!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to check out Zappos. Finns a cutie. The bratts sounds so dang good. And I love your new toys. Well actually, I'm jealous. Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the shipping queen! cannot wait to hear what you think if the ugg slippers. they look super comfy.

    lovin doggy's face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Zappos! Sounds like Christmas all over again in the House of Funny! Nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Zappos too. They gave me the same shipment thing when I ordered from them one time, and the free shipping on returns was handy dandy when all I had to do was put the shoes back in the box and slap on the label they mail. That really is customer service and ensures that customers come back.

    You never said what J Crew did badly?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was neat about the service from Zappos, nice to see customer service still exists some place these days :)

    the cookies do look good, but I would have to taste one or two or perhaps three of them before the verdict was in; the brats also sound good too (is it lunch time yet, LOL)

    I think an iPAD would be cool to have; I always thought a Kindle would be cool to have too; enjoy the iPAD

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it fantastic to get the great customer service you should ALWAYS get? Kuddos to Zappos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, anyone who had pictures of their dogs on their blog, I heart. Adorable.

    I love Zappo's, not only are they quick to ship but their returns are ALWAYS no hassle. Who could ask for more than that? Oh and their prices are pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to see the flip flops, too! If they're as comfy as the boots then I must get a pair. I've never ordered from Zappo's but have always heard great things about them. They're one of the companies the my company benchmarks itself against as far as customer service ... they're known as one of the best. Have a great weekend, sista!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!