Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday

So glad this week is over.
Some highlights:
  • The repairman came to fix the burned-out bulb in our microwave (at home), he took the door off and the entire thing apart, changed the bulb, put it back together...and left. Now the door doesn't shut all the way and the trim around it is gone. He will be back Mon. to fix his mess.
  • Walk-in and freezer, cold table, phone lines, a.c. and servers' cooler are working again. They are clean, organized and easier to manage. We are out many thousands but the storm caused the damage with the power surges so we only have to pay the $5000 deductible; insurance is covering the rest.
  • The Big One is coming home on Sunday for the summer. Mr. Funny is helping him bring his stuff home. On Mother's Day. Guess it will be just Little One and myself.
  • Mr. Funny saw a Tag Heuer watch in a magazine ad (he has one and he loves it) and said, "that would be a good Mother's Day gift for you........oh wait.....just saw the MSRP in the fine print....nevermind" Guess I am not worth $3,600. Ha!
  • Finn is back to swimming in the fish pond again. I am gonna have to kill him.
  • Mr. Funny's iPhone is terminal. He's dropped it a few times. He finally ordered a new one. RIP
  • Sex and the City 2 is coming out this month.
  • I am going to start buy books on my iPad and reading again. My brain craves it.
  • The weather has been spectacular this week. I saw it from the windows at work. I worked late every day this week so far because Mr. Funny had a million things to do.
  • If it wasn't for my husband, all my flowers and plants would be dead- he is a fish feeding, plant watering, pond cleaning maniac. Thanks honey!
  • I think I want a white watch. I found one from Fossil and Swatch. Thoughts? Opinions?
  • The Little One wants me to teach him how to drive.
  • Washed my car today. By tomorrow, it will be yellow from the dusty pollen again but oh man, it looked shiny and black glimmering in the sun today.
  • The laundry has decided not to wash itself. Again. Rats.
  • I am gonna lose the extra closet when my son comes home. And have more groceries to buy and laundry to wash and messes to clean. Pray for what little sanity I have left.

Here is a silly about me meme I found.

1. Men's chests..hairy or hairless? hairless

2. How often do you run red lights? never intentionally, usually they are yellowish

3. If you could raid any celebrity's closet..who's would you raid? Jennifer Aniston (do I get the bod too so the clothes fit?)

4. Would you rather have more followers/friends on Facebook, Twitter, or your Blog? blog, I don't do the other stuff anymore

5. What makes you feel sexy? I never feel sexy

6. I get excited when...........? I get to go far away from the every day crap

7. Are you the "outdoorsy" type or more "indoorsy"? I love to be outside in the sun but I hate camping and hiking. So both.

8. Would you rather have your dream home or a million dollars? I have my dream home, I would take the money to remodel.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait for Sex and the City!
    The weather has been beautiful, but we have a storm rollin' in tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the Little One old enough to drive? my condolescences to you, but just think when he drives, how much time that will free up in your schedule (and how much worry will be added)

    glad the freezer et al is working again at the restaurant, I'm sure that is a big relief

    I don't know, it might just be you and Little One for Mother's Day, but I always thought the "perfect" mother's day was a day away from the hub-bub of laundry, meals, cleaning, etc

    I'm sure it will be a good one

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. white with turquoise- win/win!!
    really? hairless? even after my cruise pictures? :)
    hope you have a relaxing MD and are showered with wonderful gifts when everyone gets home!!
    xoxo
    cm

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white watch is so YOU. I think you need it. And Mr. being gone on Mother's Day is your GIFT because you can be all alone and quiet. N is so quiet, just send him to play Wii and you have a day to yourself. Load up a batch of margaritas and plant your butt on the couch to read your new books! You need to get Some Girls by Jillian Lauren. It's about her living in a harem in her late teens. She is the wife of one of the guys in Weezer, and is now a wife and suburban mom. Fascinating!

    Oh, and N driving is WAAAAAAY better than A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white watch is very trendy. I can definitely see you wearing it.

    Happy Mother's Day to you. I'm sure it will be a good one.

    Glad everything is fixed. And what an idiot about the microwave. Geeze!

    Tell little one to take driver's ed ;)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!