Here is what I learned tonight:
- sometimes you cannot tell if people are dressed as hillbillys or are hillbillys
- it is time to elect a new judge- all 3 of the candidates had booths within a block of each other and were annoying one another
- making a perfect funnel cake is a challenge- the oil has to be very hot, the batter just right and fryers use a lot of juice on a power strip which may blow from time to time when you least expect it
- people get cranky when their funnel cake takes a while
- I knew pretty much every customer that came through from the restaurant
- I worked with a bunch of hardworking ladies, we had a great time
- I have a phobia about being sticky...hate it......powdered sugar, funnel cake batter, sweet tea and lemonade qualify as very sticky and my skin was crawling
- after making 3,527 funnel cakes, they do not sound good to eat at the end of the night
- even though it was hot and humid and terribly uncomfortable outside, we still enjoyed ourselves
- my son had so much fun (with his friends) running the Plinko game and prize table, he was so cute surrounded by little kids, he really worked hard also
- there is a Jack Russell out there that is Skip's twin except she has a long tail and her name is Tammy
- I still detest the sound of balloons popping
- I get to do this all over again at the county fair next month
We had a record breaking Mother's Day at work and Father's Day is always busier so I am ready.
I never know what to hand out to the dad's. We gave the moms roses.
My back is killing me and I need a shower before bed.
I am still open to sheets ideas.
I know if the thread count is very high, the strength of the thread is lesser so around 280-400 is perfect.
If you hear of a good sale, let me know.