Friday, June 11, 2010

I had a fantastic time on my lunch date!
We had half a chicken salad on a croissant, a small spinach salad with raspberry poppy seed vinaigrette and a small cup of fresh berries (black, blue, straw, rasp) mixed with melons.
Heaven.

And we talked about everything we could think of in 2 hours.
Then she wanted the tour of my house.
The horror.
The dog hair.

She loved it and thought it was beautiful and I love that she is such a liar. And has bad eyesight.
She loved my yard and the pond and my black furniture (I used to be scared of black furniture and now everything I own is black which cracks her up)
She showed me photos of the house they are putting an offer on on the real estate website and we looked at designing blogs to get ideas on how to make it better with little cash.
Hers is very open and light and only 3 years old and has gorgeous wood floors and high ceilings and cool cabinets and I want to put mine on the market and move to a newer (cleaner) house without the carpet and the updating needed and the huge stupid yard.
I guess the grass is always greener.


A funny thing she said, "do you have a cleaning crew?"
Why yes, yes I do.
Me, my sons, and sometimes, my husband.
How much do you think I would have to pay someone to clean 4,000 ft?
I pay the little one $10 a week plus food and shelter, clothing, trips and music supplies and the big one has his gas tank filled once a week, his car insurance and car payment paid and we pay for his asthma prescriptions and therapy for his depression.
That is payment enough.

She was so excited that I have a blog (I did not give her my blog address and she didn't ask)
Maybe I will give her my blog address someday.

I am trying to decide if I want to go in to work for awhile or put on yoga pants and clean, clean, clean.

later:
I dropped in to work but it was slow so I came home and cleaned like a fiend.
Now I am enjoying my iced green tea and a movie.

4 comments:

  1. Out of all that..I only like the chicken croissant. I'm a picky eater.
    Obviously your house was so clean that she had to ask if you had a cleaning crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way Stacey, she asked because she wondered if they were going to show up soon! ha! and it was very obviously dirty, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lunch sounded so very nice!! I like your cleaning crew; I think you have a house that is very well loved in those that live there with each other (did that make sense?) so what if there is dog hair all around? I "swear" I vacuum and 10 minutes later it looks like I didn't with Mr. Shedder here.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about black. Years ago, I would never imagine having black anything in my house. Now I continually buy stuff and then paint it black!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!