Friday, July 16, 2010

Victory. It's Mine.

You know how they say if you have a very cold winter, than the following summer will be a visit to the hottest level of the inner core of the Earth?
Yeah.
I love hot. Sunshine and blue skies and wispy white clouds that say, "winter is never coming to show it's ugly face around here ever again".
And I don't mind a good sweat when I am working in the yard or vacuuming dog hair off of the stairs or jogging.
Ok, I try never to run unless I am being chased but I imagine I would sweat, a lot.


But when I am in the dressing room at Target, trying on 2,395833 swimsuits, I want it to be cold enough to hang meat.
It makes all the fat shrink up and the suits slide on much easier.

There I was yesterday, with my 6 items (the others were in my basket being watched over by a nice girl who has probably never sweated through her bra in a dressing room) and it was sad.
I was twisting and bending and stretching to the point that I am going to call it a workout.
And it was stifling in there. And then I would get dressed again, grab my 6 items and head back out to grab 6 more items.
And there was a herd of people all waiting in line and then someone would take my room and I would have to wait for another, oh it sucked.

And in the end?
I found a swimsuit.
Oh sweet baby Jesus, my heart sings!
I love the color and the flowery detail and the way it fits.
I got a pair of solid black bottoms to go with it because they didn't have a matching thong with matching rosettes up the crack part that I so desperately wanted.
Really, can you imagine if I were a bathing suit designer?


I got this cute black skirt to wear as a cover-up with it at the pool.

I look exactly like this model when I wear it, it's uncanny how similar our body types are........

I also found, get ready, another t shirt.
This one is a heather brown and it is that tissue thin material and it is long.
Like everything else in my closet.
Shockingly, it doesn't have ruffles or flowers on it.
I plan to wear it with a turquoise tank (it has a wide neck) and turquoise jewelry and sandals.

And then I went to Walmart for some groceries and found this cute little dress.
I got mine in navy and gray.
It is cuter in person, I promise.
I plan to wear it this weekend with my silver Fossil sandals.

I also found a top I liked, maybe I will treat you to a picture later.
I need to get some things done around here before we leave tomorrow.
I think I will lay out my outfits and take pictures later so don't go too far, I want you to have something to look forward to.
I will talk later.

3 comments:

  1. love the suit and the dress! you will look smashing on your weekend getaway!! enjoy it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. swim suit shopping is a form of torture recently outlawed in the "how to be a good hostage keeper" handbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me at walmart trying swimsuits on.
    I think that swimsuit is totally you. Cute dress.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!