Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Worst Part So Far

I thought sweating in the hot, humidity was the worst part.
Then I decided getting burned by hot oil was the worst.
And I moved on to my aching back, sore feet and smelling like grease.
Break outs, sticky hands all night (from the powdered sugar) and scrubbing hardened batter out of a million utensils and bowls.
An entire Igloo full of water spilling all over the back of my Yukon which at the end of the night makes it smell like a wet dog- that could have been the worst.

Nope.

The absolute worst part of the fair so far was the tractor pull.
The noise was deafening, the exhaust and burning smells were disgusting, the huge crowd, rude and annoying. The trailer shook, grease splattered and I had to stop what I was doing each time because it broke my concentration.

But then they shot a lady out of a cannon.
Right outside our trailer.
I hate the sound of gunshots and balloons popping.
So you can imagine my reaction.
I literally hit the deck while my partner laughed hysterically at me.
I told her I grew up in a rough city (ha) and loud noises spooked me.

We were even on the news. We gave the news guy a funnel cake but he never mentioned it on air. (rats) Just showed the crazy cannon lady.

The 2nd time they shot her out, everyone warned me first.

One more night.
One more night.
One more night.
One more night.
One more night.

7 comments:

  1. LOL...LOL...

    Seriously, laughing out loud....picturing you hitting the deck....

    Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the longest fair I have ever known to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I laughed about this but I know it wasn't funny at the time. You will look back at this years from now and laugh about it. But not today quite yet. YOU ARE A GOOD MOM!! this will be your mantra today, LAST DAY LAST DAY LAST DAY!

    you can do it!!!!!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. My ex-husband talked me into us working the trams one year at the State Fair. I think it may have been the worst week of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - you poor thing! I wish I lived a little closer. I would so be there. I'll never understand the fascination with tractor pulls. NEVER. They really shot a lady out of a cannon? Seriously?

    Hope you have made your money back on that funnel cake contraption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm even ready for this fair to be done! You're gonna need a spa visit!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!