Thursday, August 26, 2010

My sister asked me today if I was even alive and where had I been what with no posts and no conversation.
I have been writing but every time I went to post a blog, I got busy and didn't finish.
Today I went to my saved posts and posted them.
Ok?

I went in to work early again Tues. and Wed. and I have been going to bed very early this week so I can be up by 5:30 and out the door by 6:30.
We have been working these early mornings on the concession stand trying to clean it and get ready for Coke and Monster drink deliveries and getting our enormous shopping list together for Sam's tomorrow.

I went to buy a few pairs of jeans today.
I have lost some weight and need a few smaller pairs.
I hate to spend a lot of money on expensive jeans when I plan to lose much more weight but I needed them and they were all on sale.
I love the colorful pocket detail on these:


These Silver's are much cuter in person.
They have huge pockets and are very slimming.
I keep seeing all of these jean/leggings (jeggings) and skinny jeans that my arm won't even fit in.
I think I am going to pass on this trend.
I could not pass up these shoes.
They were 75% off and only $20 to begin with!
If they are out of style next year, they will still be worth it!
I figure I have at least 2 more months of sandal weather.


The big one is officially enrolled in classes and has a dorm room with 3 other people.
I still have his Mac and his Facebook account is still deactivated (by me) so hopefully he is enjoying his 2nd freshman year of college.
Sad but true.
Life can be so difficult but then you just pray and cross your fingers and somehow, it all works out.

Thank you for all of your positive encouragement these past few months.
There were times I thought I was going to go off the deep end but I had so much encouragement from my husband and family and my blog world friends, I had no place to go but up.

Has anyone seen the new Showtime series, The Big C?
Really good!

He is a picture of our family picture.

5 comments:

  1. I read through all of your posts. You have definitely been a busy lady with a stress-filled life. Losing weight is good but not if it is because of stress... just saying. Hope big one makes the most of this opportunity to redeem last year's disaster.

    Take care and hope you are enjoying this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you had been. Cute shoes and jeans. I am dealing with financial aid myself, and it's a big pain in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a lovely family picture! handsome all of you! is that your back yard?

    it has been quiet on my front too, lots of headaches. ugh...but hopefully looking up. this is a bad time of year for me, for them.

    glad everything is looking up in your area. have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I focused in on the "lost weight" part. How'd you do that...I need some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you on the weight loss!! keep it up!! I love those jeans! (I'm back on the weight loss bandwagon today so we'' encourage each other :)

    good that the Big One is settling in, I think it is good that he is at least making an attempt to go to college. It is "okay" (you know what I mean) that he is repeating this year; he is older and hopefully wiser and it will "stick" with him this year.

    great family pictures!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!