- I have been going to bed too late and getting up too early with no possibility of a nap, it makes for a long arse day.
- I have been showered and out of the house by 6:30 to get the little one to early band by 7am and myself to the concession stand which my girls and I have worked on all week. It concession stand is still a mess but we have emptied it and inventoried everything.
- I have asked myself many times this week why I got myself into this mess.
- We had a pep rally last night with all the sports teams and band. The band sounded great but I was soaked in sweat the entire time, I hate looking crappy in front of everyone.
- I got my Suburban today. Love it! I need to get the windows tinted soon. The little one asked if he would be able to drive it like the Yukon.
- Mr. decided to trade his Jeep for a Tahoe. He picks it up Monday.
- The big one, after much ado, was accepted into his new college today. He has been at marching band camp all week and is enrolled in some music ensembles at the college because the director pulled some strings (they love him- that son of mine) but until today, he had not been accepted because of his academic issues like suspension from his old college. He wrote some letters, made some promises, got some letters of recommendation from past teachers and somehow pulled it off. Now he needs money for tuition, dorm and meals. Since he blew off the scholarships from last year (if you remember, he had a 5 year full ride masters program scholarship!!!!!!!) by bombing his grades, we are NOT going to pay for anything. He has to go to the financial aid office Mon. (my husband is going to go help him talk to them) and see what is available. He might have to just commute (an hour) and he will have to get a job. Life is hard but he created this mess, tough love. We have bailed him out enough and it is time to grow up.
- We have a dinner date with another couple tomorrow night. It involves a trip to Staples for school supplies, a quick meeting about upcoming band season and hopefully a margarita or 2. Call it a working meeting, if you will.
- The family portraits turned out well.
- I am seriously planning a weekend trip to Vegas this fall with my husband. Maybe my sisters and their men can go too. We were also invited by another couple (our heating and air guy and his wife- we are very tight) to vacation with them this winter, maybe a cruise. I am totally in.
- My notebook is fixed but I still haven't used it yet.
- I am going to start planning dinners again and cooking every night. Well, most every night. This summer we flew by the seat of our pants and now we are back to a schedule.
- The little one has been in bed by 9pm every night. This works out well for me but he hates it.
- I am caught up on laundry except for the huge pile of clean towels on the sofa. I guess I will fold them tonight.
- I ordered 2 pairs of flats last night from Target, hope they fit.
If you have some good, quick ideas, let me know. I have a ton of cookbooks but I want to hear your favorites.
Have a great weekend!