Friday, September 3, 2010

Fleas Navidad

Just spent $180 at the vet so she could tell me that all of the dogs have fleas and that Kona and Skip are allergic to said fleas.
Skip got a steroid shot so now he's all like "ohhh, I can lift your Suburban with one paw" and that makes me laugh although Mr. Funny said "different type of steroid"
Why does he have to ruin all my fun?

Finn came along for the ride and he thought it was great fun to bark his ferocious bark at the nice old man who walked behind my car while the dogs were sitting in the back of it and as he passed he said, "oh, what pretty Shepherds, hi puppy!" and then all the demons in hell came through his esophagus and he barked and snarled something terrible.
I am going to get him a bigger pinch collar and take him to the park to socialize him. He is a badass.

Anyway, the vet put them on Advantage and she told me Frontline is better for ticks and Advantage is good for fleas. Or rather, BAD for fleas.
While we were putting the medicine on their skin, I noticed that Molly had fleas all over her.
My perfect, sweet princess.
Fleas.
I haven't even seen her itch and Finn either but poor Skip is covered in bald spots and scratch marks and Koney has been scratching her tummy with her back foot.
We have never had a flea issue and now we have all 4 dogs treated plus the crazy bug guy has to come spray the house even though I have yet to get a single bite.
Gross.

I have 85 things to do before my magical haircut today so I need to go.

6 comments:

  1. Ew! I had one really bad flea infestation years ago, and it was disgusting. Cats, dogs, carpet, everywhere. Not fun. Poor puppies, and poor you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog has never had fleas before until this year either!! It sucked! Just in case, we treated the whold house cuz she is an inside dog.

    We used frontline, and we have not seen another one on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked when we lived in Montana;they didn't have fleas since it was so cold (they couldn't live through the winter). ticks we did have. Koda gets Frontline and thankfully no fleas as of yet

    sounds like you had quite the adventure at the vet :)

    enjoy your pampering time with your hair cut!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved into an apartment way back when once which must have had pets before us, because we were getting bit on our ankles like crazy. We had to use a bug bomb. Then it stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have my flea stories too. i went to visit my sister in NE last january. I drove with my little morgie. she is a dachshund. she is an inside pup. somewhere, between NC and NE she decided to get fleas. by the time we got to my sisters, she had them all over. it only took me 24 hours to drive. i drove straight thru, by myself. morgan didn't help. her feet were too short to reach the pedals. anyway, we got there....FLEAS ALL OVER AND IN MY TRUCK TOO! my other sister said dawn dish soap killed them instantly, so i bathed her in it. it worked. but there were other fleas to contend with, the bedding, the house, the truck, etc. but the dawn really did work, and we bought a fine tooth come to get all the little eggs out. i combed her a couple times a day. bathed her a couple times to be sure. got her some of those drops from the vet. but i went and bought a dust from wal mart for the house. dont remember the kind. we put it all over the furniture and carpet. i think it took care of all the critters. FINALLY! hope yours dont take a long time. they are a menace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had lice once but no fleas, which is totally amazing considering the number of pets we have harbored over the years. Hope the critters are gone. We didn't get nearly the amount of rain that you apparently got. We needed it!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!