Monday, November 22, 2010

As if I didn't have enough to do this week, I woke up yesterday with a pinched nerve in my neckular, shoulder area.
Didn't stop me from going to work, shampooing carpets, cleaning windows and blinds, dusting, and vacuuming.

Since Ibuprophen, Excedrine Tension headache and heat wraps (the ones you stick on your neck that heat up) did nothing for the pain, I soldiered through it.

It still hurts today but my list is crazy long and since my MIL is going to work for me tomorrow, I plan to somehow make it happen.

My sister makes fun of me calling me a Martha Stewart wannabe but doesn't Martha have people to clean for her?
All she has is the decorating and cooking.
I just want a clean, welcoming home and since I missed cleaning day the last 2 Saturdays, things could use some sprucing up.

And no, I am not hiring a cleaning service.
That isn't who I am.
I AM hiring someone to hang my kitchen light fixture and tear out this ugly wet bar.
There used to be a ceiling fan in the kitchen and it broke so my husband took it down to fix it and I went to Lowe's and got a new fixture to replace the fan (am not a fan of the fan in the kitchen)
The new chandelier has been sitting in the garage and he has refused to hang it (wants the fan back) but i am not going to lose this battle.
Tomorrow, hopefully, it will be pretty again.
As for the wet bar, I am sure in its day, it was a cool thing to have in the living room but I prefer it gone so we had the plumber cap off the water and new we need the pipes cut out, the sheet rock sealed and the whole mess ripped out.
I am not sure what I plan to do with the alcove when we are finished.



my ceiling
new fixture
awful wet bar in living room




Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I hope you get to spend it with people you love like I do.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I had totally forgotten there were wet bars. You're right. They were so hot at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope your neck feels better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new light fixture! Very nice! I agree with you; I think I would have considered removing the wet bar too. Sorry about the neck/shoulder pain! Not fun to deal with especially if you have a lot you want to accomplish and having to use those muscles. Although I would love to have a cleaning lady (which makes no sense with how small our house is) I'm with you, its not really me, at least in this stage of the game when I'm still physically able to do so. However, I have been known to hire them to do the cleaning when we move out.

    I hope you too have a great Thankgsiving!!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh I love the new light fixture.

    Would built in shelves look good in the alcove? Might be a nice spot to display and decorate.

    I'm sure you'll get it all done and it will all look just like Martha did it and I'm sure your sister is just jealous. ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The neck problem is of course related to all that you are trying to do. Relax! I'm with you - that wet bar would have to go. Since I'm into antiques, an antique piece of some kind would have to go there.

    I hope your pain goes away very soon. Oh, and I definitely like that light fixture. We have ceiling fans in our kitchen and although I'm not a big fan of them, they do cool things down and circulate the air when I need them to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, some lovely built-in cabinets and shelves would look just lovely in that corner! It would really warm up the space. Or you could take out the bathroom and open the kitchen up to the living room.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!