Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday

My family will be here soon.
I am making a french silk pie (soon) and waiting for the festivities to begin.
Because when we all get together, there is laughing, and some crying, and lots of drinking.
That's how we roll.
The big one is home, the husband vacuumed everything, the little one mopped the kitchen and all is well.
I cannot wait for my first grape fizz martini. Or my second.


I borrowed this from Carrie, who borrowed it from Joyce.

1. If you had known what they knew then, would you have boarded the Mayflower?
I forgot the Mayflower story, did they hit and iceberg? Did they all die?
Ok, I Googled it and came up with this.http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/History/history.php 
They had some bad storms and were wet and cold but I guess it was worth it.

2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?

  No cruises or yachts yet. I don't have an opinion about boats. I have been on a boat on a lake a few times, toured a submarine in Alabama, taken a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, and walked on a docked battleship. I can take em or leave em.

3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?

We try to all get as many as possible together for Thanksgiving. Sometimes at my house, sometimes out of town. Pretty boring but being together is what matters even though someone usually says the F word in anger at some point. Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol.

4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?

Dinner will be around 7pm. My sister's hubby and kids are eating with his dad in OK and then eating with us later. There will be 12. 
We have to have cheeseball for the pre-meal snack. Mashed pots are the must but my hubby would say pumpkin pie, and my sister would say vodka.

5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....

Um, yeah. I own a restaurant and people are stupid. The extinguishers are a necessity And those suckers are expensive to have reloaded too. But at home I have used ours. Maybe I will today. ha

6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing.

Welcome to my life. I always work myself into a tither and then regret it later. It's called anxiety. 
I always have a hard time confronting pain in the ass employees and customers. I once told a hateful customer to never come back. She hasn't so that worked. Rude? Maybe but she was nasty and rude every time and I could never get anyone to wait on her. So it was a blessing. I dreamed about doing it for a year before I actually did it.

7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite?

I love baked with some sour cream and ranch dressing, Pioneer Woman's mashed are the bomb, do not eat hash browns ever, and adore fries. Can you tell I haven't eaten yet today?

8.  Random thought:

Why do the dogs keep barking?




 

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that you guys will have a wonderful time celebrating!! Glad to hear the Big One made it home safe and sound, I was thinking about him today and hoping he would be joining you for the holiday! Cute meme too, had to laugh about you forgetting the Mayflower story (I think it was the Titanic that crashed into the ice berg :)

    I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!