Thursday, December 30, 2010

I had a gift certificate (shocked, aren't you?)  from my hubby for my hair salon so I decided to use it today because everything was 25% off.


My favorite was this boxed set of their lotions. They are absolutely amazing.


The foot relief has a peppermint scent and if you spend a lot of time on your feet, it is a treat for them.
I have yet to find a better hand cream. It came with a large and a purse size of each plus this hair band made from some kind of nut shell all for $44 (plus 25% off for me) and since the large hand and foot lotion retail for $18 apiece, I saved a bunch. If you are interested, the Aveda website still has some of the gift boxes.


I also got the blush I have been wanting along with a blush/bronzer brush, a mini lipgloss kit, some hair smoother and a concealer.



The girls also reminded me that I have a color/cut appt. Thursday (yea!)


I don't know what I am going to do when my gift certificates run out. I promised hubby I would budget better so we can build up our savings and hopefully go on a trip far away.  I have some projects around the house that need to be done in the new year by someone other than those who live here and I found someone to come give me some estimates. I think Mr. Funny's head almost exploded when I told him I wanted the entry painted. We went through this when we moved in and could not find anyone who was willing to paint a 2 story foyer for a reasonable price so we put it off but oh my word it is still yellow.


I asked the big one to snap a slightly insane looking photo of me for the blog and here I am.
The sweater is Buffalo (from Marshalls), tee is Loft, necklace is BR


As for the restaurant, things cooled down a bit when my husband started playing hardball and the company is back to giving us the time they promised for the transition. I still have to think of a new name, logo, color scheme for the signs and some new menu item names and our new food purveyor was here today to bring us product samples.


I got some of these Lifesavers Gummies in my stocking and they are so good! I also love the gummy Jolly Ranchers. I have a bag full of Hershey Kisses, gummies, truffles, and other stuff to nibble on and chocolate chip cookies and cookie bars galore but when all of that is gone, I am going to be so sad and possibly really bitchy watch my sugar intake better.





I planned a menu for the next week and made a harrowing trip to the g-store. I saw so many people I knew and ended up talking way more than I like to. (antisocial, you know)
I don't know what I used to cook before I discovered Pioneer Woman's blog with the recipes from heaven. I am making her french onion soup, white chicken enchiladas, and grilled chicken with lemon basil pasta, and then a Ritz poppy seed chicken casserole I found somewhere. I always throw tacos in every few weeks along with chili. I also have a spaghetti and meatball recipe to try although I am using store bought meatballs to save time.






I would like to show you some pretties that I would like to have but am probably never going to receive. But just in case, the anniversary/ Valentine's Day is approaching.



3 comments:

  1. I'll take the Hershey kisses off your hands if you want me to!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST YESTERDAY bought that lotion gift set!! Sadly, I paid full price. Chach turned me on to it. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! just to let you know...i found tons, well when i looked, they had 13 listings for your taffeta 861 on ebay if you wanted to stock up. i buy stuff on there frequently. just thought i would let you know. so you don't go into withdrawal! glad you had fun and hope you don't run out of chocolate either, it is a little easier to come by! have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!