Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday, and the living is not easy

Here I am again.
When I got to work at 8am today, the heating unit for the front of the house (dining room) was not working at all and it was 53 degrees in the restaurant. (we knew this last night but it was still annoying)
I closed the building and hung a sign until we could get a comfortable temp.
I sent one cook home till we needed her and the 3 servers and I sat around and drank hot coffee and told stories to each other while our prep cook and opening cook laughed.
We totally should have brought our baking stuff because the kitchen was warm and our ovens were working fine.
The repairman got there shortly after and after confirming that our system is all but dead, he ran to Lowe's for a part which will keep us with heat until the new system is installed (3 weeks)
We finally had heat at 11 and opened when it got up to 70 and the repairman informed me that we are using the heat at our own risk.
We could have carbon monoxide leaks, or a fire (sometimes, I pray for a huge fire, one that destroys everything in the night so we can rebuild, of course that would be bad for the people who wor for me who need immediate income) so we got some carbon monoxide detectors.
He also said that carbon monoxide leaking is always a factor and we need detectors at home as well.

Needless to say, it was a long day.

I mailed my gifts to my SIL's kids at the UPS store and went home.

When I got home I realized that the milk, oj and cheerios we bought on a quick trip to the grocery store Monday was not going to do much when the boys are home on break next week and when the big one gets home this week so I took my tired butt to the store and stocked up on tons of food and snacks, although I still need cookie ideas and some ingredients for baking.

So, I have the groceries put away, the trash out (seriously, am I the only one who sees it full???) loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the fridge and pantry, organized the garage fridge with drinks (man, I need a real drink), cleaned out my car, started some laundry and I am ready to wrap the gifts for my family exchange that I have to give to Mel this weekend.
I have been thinking this all day: I cannot wait to get away!!!

I have my massage tomorrow morning and I need to pick up the big one and all his worldly belongings either tomorrow or Friday (school has been out but he can stay in the dorm till Friday and he wanted to stay.
He does want to stay in school after all but there are some issues with that so we will possibly have to put off school until next fall.
Maybe some online classes would help him bring his grades up while he decides where he wants to be in life.

I have my suitcase laid out and know exactly what to pack for my trip which is such a relief with all I have to do and the little time to do it.

The Christmas card from the dogs was my MIL's idea, found out today.
I got a few cards today and Netflix in the mail but no time for watching, maybe while I wrap gifts.

Did I mention how ready I am to get away?

It is sprinkling a bit outside and there is a chance for freezing rain but I will not let that get me down.
And I have a big bruised area on my thigh where I rammed my leg into the towing apparatus (ball thingy) on the back of the Suburban while loading groceries tonight (it is new, we got it so we can haul the trailer that our cardboard is in at work to the recycle center (yes Mel, you should be proud)

I am done rambling on and on.

Oh,  and still no tree.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your getaway! I went to the store tonight because I was afraid we would get frozen in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you don't need a tree this year. Too bad we don't live closer. I have this little four foot one. Lighted. Put a few ornaments on it and it will work fine.

    I am sure you are counting down the minutes until you get to escape!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!