Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I took this picture a few days ago so so I could compare it to a few others from the past few months.
I have cut portions, started eating breakfast, drinking more water and little soda, and tried to get more sleep.
I have lost weight by doing these simple things, now I just need to throw some exercise in there.
Winter is a great time to hide under flowy sweaters and bulky layers but in most photos, I just look big.
 I am going to charge up the Shuffle and start walking tomorrow.
I have a huge home gym in the basement as well with everything I need for arms. legs, shoulders, butt, etc...  including a weight bench.
If I develop some good habits before my trip, maybe I will see good changes and keep on a roll.


Those of you who gave me ideas, sent me photos and advice for my trip, thank you so much.
I am making lists, doing some shopping, separating clothes I want to take, etc...


There is still one thing.
I am afraid to fly. It is a long trip (by my standards) and I have never flown with my husband so I don't want to look like a baby but I am gonna need some Xanax to get there and home.
Now added to my fear of flying is my fear of being tortured at airport security.
I keep trying to keep my eyes on the prize but I have mini panic attacks daily when I think about planes and airports.




Hope everyone is having a great week!
We are expecting more snow and frigid temps.

11 comments:

  1. I think if I cut out the soda it would help me a lot!

    I don't like to fly either. I have once, and I surprisingly didn't have a panic attack.

    Can't wait for the snow to get here! NOT! I was looking up warm places to move to today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH girl... I totally feel you. I HATE HATE HATE flying... it freaks me out. I'm not helping - am I? Have that Xanax near!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know someone that lost 40 lbs by JUST cutting out soda! i haven't had it in years, once you decide to give it up, it's not too bad :) Keep up the good work, I really think lots of small changes can make a big diff!!
    CALL YOUR DR and get xanex! there is no reason to be terrified at 30,000 feet in the air! I've been to China and Hawaii and a few other long trips and I wouldn't THINK of flying w/out it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always end up doing just fine with the flying. However, coming to visit me could help out since I keep certain things on hand. It's up to you! Just get drunk beforehand and you won't even notice the assault from ssecurity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate security at the airport too. I got frisked once in Pensacola and they took a bottle of hairspray I forgot I had in my purse (it was over 3 ozs). Make sure you wear shoes that you can slip off easily. Its a long plane ride but they will probably have movies. And I never check bags, carry on only.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find if I cut out the bread (gasp!) it helps in the losing inches area. Get a pedometer (or a Fitbit!) It helps to see those big numbers (steps) when you go on your walks. Cheers to moving more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't care for flying either but it's a necessary evil for getting to Tropical Paradises so I'll do it.

    So the ticket is to take something to relax you enough to sleep through the whole thing. But not too much because you don't want to waste a minute of Paradise coming out of a drug induced stupor. Or not remember getting leid.


    Haha... I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more I fly, the less I fear it, but security is always gonna be a pain in the butt.

    Walking is a great idea because it's not too overwhelming. Sometimes when you do too much at once, it makes you quit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed reading your blog. You're a hoot!
    I love flying...my father and my husband were military, so I've been to a lot of places! Take some dramamine before flying..you'll sleep and not get sick!
    You have a new follower!
    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a great fear of flying, i have to medicate before i go. actually two days before. i take xanax. lol just a very mild tiny dose. but one time, i did take two. going to italy...i was stressed, we were delayed in germany, missed my flight in paris....blah blah, anyway...if you have em, smoke em...erm...swallow em....lol.

    security isnt as bad as it once was. just have all your liquids in your CHECKED baggage. well you can read as well as anyone. its the carryon they freak out about. and wear easy on/off shoes. you will do fine. i am sooo happy you are going and hope you have a chance to do all the fun stuff you want. enjoy...and take lots of pics. we want a report when you get back ya know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy flying now and as you know, I used to be petrified. I think what gets me through is the thought that if we crash, it will probably be an instant death rather than a prolonged and extremely painful one. Much better than drowning! LOL. Seriously though, just take some Xanax and you'll be just fine. You're going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!