Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you take those lemons and you squeeze them and add chilled vodka and then you can move forward.

We picked a name for our (new/old) restaurant!!! 
(My husband put me in charge of it and I am the worst decision maker on the planet)
I was filled with fantastic ideas but the names were all taken or not very interesting so I asked my family for some help. 


My brother-in-law the architect came up with one right away. (we are totally gonna have to name a menu item after you, dude)
A very good one.
We needed a sign, a logo and decor ideas too but his suggestions of boobies and/or dragons probably aren't going to work (sorry R!) so we asked a friend who owns a national sign company for some ideas and she sent us 3 which amazed me.
We have to use our existing sign shape which limits us a bit but her company did a fantastic job.
She is even waving the fee for us!
As soon as I saw the sign, I decided on the logo (with help from the hubby, of course)
We still need to reorganize and rename some menu items, design the menus, and then pay for all of this mess but really, it is like we are finally going to have our own place.
We have always always been limited in our decisions being a franchise and corporate hasn't been easy to work with but we are really excited.
Since everything must remain respectful and private- no bad mouthing the franchise or discussing any private details or finances ever, our motto is It's Time For a Change.


Change is good.


Right?

8 comments:

  1. Yes, change is good.

    I have to admit I'm pretty darn (okay, damn) curious. I hope at some point we'll get to hear what your "change" is named!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy for you, and I hope to eat there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you know this nosey girl is dying to know too!! I'm back & trying to catch up on all your going ons the last week. PS: i use to wear "earth" by loreal, people on the street stopped to ask me what color it was, but now... it is gone :( and I am still on the hunt for my next perfect lip color...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting and stressful at the same time!

    And that is the longest post title I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does sound so very exciting for you all! must be neat to have it all come together and to know that so very soon it will be your place from cover to cover, name, logo, specialty items on the menu etc! You guys will do great! Almost makes me wish I can be there for the grand opening of it!

    best of luck with the rest of all that needs to be done!


    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change is always good, however I still think R's suggestion of boobies for the sign could work...and if you aren't laughing, it's ok, things are always funnier in my mind too. I think we may be kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Good for you guys! Change is always good, even if it makes you feel like a horrible alcoholic right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change is definitely good. Can't wait to see what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!