Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Funny and the terrible horrible no good very bad day

Whew, bad day today.
Second (7am) cook called out again (she calls out a lot and her husband walked out on his job so she really needs to try to keep hers), afternoon cook called out, a server called out and then our general manager's husband brought in a doctors note for her- she has a broken kneecap and might be out for 2 weeks. That leaves 3 of us (husband, myself and MIL and the MIL doesn't really want to work much) so there will be no time for Tulsa, and one of us will always be gone.
Things better settle down by the 11th.
Little one has another concert tonight and I am already ready to go to bed. I didn't sleep well and had a scratchy throat and felt feverish all night. Fortunately, when the phone rang at 6am with the news of the absent cook, I felt better.
Here is a silly survey. Fill it out or don't. If you do, let me know in the comments so I can go read it.


When's the last time you ran?
last week to the mailbox at the end of our long driveway, it was snowing and I was cold and it almost killed me
Do your jeans have rips, tears, and holes in them?
no, I have to set a good example for the idiots people at work (they are not all idiots, just the one's I have to tell over and over to wear appropriate clothing)
What are you dreading right now?
the next few weeks before our trip, things are insane and getting worse
Do you celebrate 420?
what??? is that a drinking holiday? ok, I'm in
Do you get the full 8 hours of sleep a night?
I got 4 last night which made this day even more joyful. I normally strive for 8 and get 5 or 6
If anyone came to your house on your "lazy days" what would ya'll do?
I don't get lazy days at home, if I did, I would be too lazy to answer the door and let them in
Who last grabbed your ass?
my husband, duh
Have you ever been on your school's track team?
in elementary, I was fast
Do you own a pair of Converse?
3 actually
Did you copy and paste this survey?
no, I typed it all out by hand, of course I copied and pasted
Do you eat raw cookie dough?
never, ever, but the people I live with do
Have you ever kicked a vending machine?
no but I have called one a dirty name
Don't you hate it when the radio ruins good songs by playing them over and over?
I hate how they ruin the bad ones by playing them over and over, thank God for XM and 588267373 stations
Do you watch Trading Spaces?
is that even still on? I used to
How do you eat Oreos?
with milk
Have you ever stayed online for a very long time waiting for someone?
what kind of stupid question is that?
Are you cocky?
hell no, ok. maybe. a little. but only if I am certain what I am being cocky about
Could you live without a computer?
I could survive but all my friends would be trapped inside without me and it would be sad
Do you wear your shoes in the house?
I put on my slippers as soon as I get home
Who or what sleeps with you?
husband on bed and 4 dogs assembled around the bed
At what age did you find out that Santa wasn't real?
never really believed in that stuff
How many phones, house phones and cell phones are in your house?
3 cell, 5 house
What do you do when you're sad?
sleep
Who would you call first if you won the lottery?
travel agent
Last time you saw your best friend?
today, my husband
Are you in high school?
yes, I am 41 and in high school
What jewelry are you wearing?
wedding ring and band, gold band from estate jewelry store, 5th anniversary band, 10th anniversary 3 stone ring, nut and bead necklace from some island from my sister
Is anyone on your bad side now?
many, many people
What's the first thing you do when you get online?
check my blog, read People and US Weekly
Do you watch Grey's Anatomy?
yep
How do most people spell your name?
wrong, always always wrong
Would you wear a boy/girlfriends clothes?
I wear my husbands fleece sweatshirts
Where do you work?
today on the 13th level of hell but usually in a restaurant that we lovingly own and operate to the best of our abilities
What are you doing tomorrow?
working
Is Justin Timberlake becoming the next Michael Jackson?
hope not, he was creepy
Favorite name for a girl?
Ella
Favorite name for a boy?
my sons' names
Will you keep your last name when you get married?
I did
When was the last time you left your house?
this morning
Do you return your cart?
always
Do you have a dishwasher?
of course
What noise do you hear?
dog snoring
Would you survive in prison?
today I probably could hold my own but normally? not for a single minute
Who is the youngest in your family?
my son, little one and Skip the dog, and my youngest sister J
If all of your friends were going on a road trip, who would most likely overpack?
between my sisters and I? me and maybe Mel, never know what you will want to wear and what you might need
Do you know anyone with the same name as you?
yes, in my town even and I have a very uncommon name
What's the last thing you purchased?
a bikini top last night off of the internet
Do your siblings ever pay for stuff for you?
of course, we all do for each other
What brand are your pants right now?
Silver
Ever been to Georgia (the state)?
no
What irritates you most on the internet?
stupid conversations on FB
What brand is your digital camera?
Canon
Do you watch movies with your parents?
not since they are dead
What song best describes your life right now?
Living on a Prayer
Do you own expensive perfume/cologne?
yeah
Are you taking college classes right now?
no
Do you like sushi?
yep
Do you get your hair cut every month?
every 6 weeks
Do you go online everyday?
yes, mostly
Will you pass this survey on to 5 people?
no, they can steal it if they want to though

5 comments:

  1. Loved your answers! Too funny.

    I think you're funnier when you haven't slept. :)

    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4/20 is national Smoke Pot Day. I'm thinking you don't take part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting senile. I can't remember if I left a comment on this post and you just haven't published it yet, or if I read it and forgot to leave a comment.

    Loved your answers. Now I'm wondering how Mel knows when national Smoke Pot Day is... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know what 4/20 was either. Man, I must be getting old.

    And I ran this morning screaming, "Waait" at the garbage men, as I dragged two trash cans behind me. I was braless and my hair was sticking up like a rooster's since I woke up to the sound of the garbage truck. I'm sure I burned the garbage men's corneas.

    And thanks for your completely cool comment on my blog. That's awesome, that your husband remembers my story. I loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! well it had been so long since i wrote on my own blog, but i still checked out everyone else's every day. just not been feeling good.

    well i will play your little survey cuz what else do i have to do with my time? lol

    sorry about all the people checking out on you...if i lived over in your neighbourhood, i would stop in and give you a hand. i never waitressed, but i do love to cook. and i am a quick learner, and hey, i would do it just for the fun of it.

    i hope everyone is back so they dont mess up your hawaiian getaway! have a great weekend! get some good zzzz!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!