- I got a 30 minute massage today right smack in the middle of lunch rush at work. Technically, I went to her place and my husband came in to cover my shift but it was totally worth it and I can turn my head again. Amazing how much a crabby persons mood improves when head mobility is again an option.
- The little one brought home a book to order his class ring. In no time at all, he had it completely designed. (sounds like shopping for shorts with his father) The kid does not play around. (the big one spent days looking at the book and the website before he even decided whether he wanted white or yellow gold and in the end, it was too stressful and he never ordered one, who do you think he takes after)
- One of my employees husband told me today that he is a little concerned that I might meet a big Samoan dude and leave my husband in Hawaii. Yeah, like I would leave Hawaii if I didn't have to, Samoan or otherwise. We can all live together in harmony.
- We hired a new cook to replace the one who quit. We had some great applicants which is odd. Had some very weird ones too. One of them had his girlfriend fill out the application for him and do all of the talking. I kept asking him questions and she would answer me. Finally I said, "is she going to come in and work for you every shift as well?" Sorry, no interview, you may leave the island. We have 2 more good ones in mind for when the other cook goes on his mission trip.
- One of our servers called in for the rest of this week and then indefinitely because her fuel pump is out in her car. She wasn't the best and lives far out so if it rains or snows, she stays home. Then today, one of our stronger servers (albeit weird one) did not show up. She has some depression and alcohol issues (hey, who doesn't?) but I am thinking that not having a job is going to add to that depression. We had little to go on for server options andWE ARE GOING TO HAWAII in 4 days so my husband set up some interviews. WTH is wrong with people?
- The high today was 9 degrees. I am so ready to get the crap out of here. Coincidentally, it is supposed to be 50 this weekend. Seriously?
- I got the last package of vacation clothes today. I still need to try everything from today on and wash it. I am putting off a lot of things, namely packing and laundry. And housework.
- I got a cute little Aveda bag yesterday with all of these little travel sized refillable bottles. Shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, lotion, hairspray, sunscreen, etc. I filled them with my Aveda favorites (except sunscreen) and I bought these:
I need to watch the Bachelor and get a few things done around here.
I am almost counting down the minutes.
Carrie, there is still time to book a flight............