Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tablescape Thursday

Between Naps on the Porch is hosting a Tablescape Thursday. Head on over there to get some great inspiration!




I put my Valentine's Day tablescape/dining room together right after Christmas

I love V-Day as it is also my wedding anniversary but I had never really done a lot of decorating for the holiday until this year.
It is a work in progress as I am still on the hunt for the perfect napkins but I love the way it turned out so far.




Anthropologie plate on sideboard
Or NY plate ? Love them both, so they take turns
Top of sideboard
Garland on sideboard is from Pier 1 but I have seen some easy homemade one's as well





Everything on the table is from Pier 1 except the small white candy dish, which was my grandmother's.

The glasses were on the table left over from my Christmas decor- easy

The "runner" is 2 place mats put end to end


I love the red bowl on the red plate, the white bottom on the bowl breaks up the red a bit.


Simple, I like the no- fuss look


Love the felt placemats



Giant diamond stone- gift from my son


Christmas candles were on clearance- love how I got 2 holidays out of them


Cheap idea: Glass jar from Marshalls, add shredded paper- $1.00 for a bag

13 comments:

  1. Very nice! I need to finish my Valentines crafts so I can post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!! I love it! If only we had a dining room. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combo...I'd love to join you for dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea placing the placemats end to end! You are more than ready for Valentine's Day! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The placemats make it.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Valentines Day settings are so cheery. Do you think the snow might be gone by then?

    Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii.... oh what a wonderful sound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, everything looks sooo cheery and festive. have a happy anniversary!! and a happy trip...i know you will get to go and have sooo much fun....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pier 1, too! Your table looks great -- the designs in your "runner" and the placemats look wonderful with the simple, solid-colored pieces you've chosen to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tablescape is darling. Happy Anniversary! I've been on the hunt for Valentines decorations, too. So far I've been quite unimpressed with what's "out there." I'll be interested to know if you find anything wonderful. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute table! Lovin' your G-Mom's candy dish:@)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!