Thursday, February 10, 2011

We didn't get as much snow as they predicted but we do have -13 degrees right now.
The sun is out and I hear it will be close to 60 by the weekend but who cares because I will be gone.

I am getting so excited now (you never know what can happen as proven by the insanity that went down at work since 5 minutes after we booked our trip) and I have a big list of things to get done today and tomorrow.
One of the dresses I ordered online was too big in the chest so I took it to my seamstress and she promised to make it work. I have to pick that dress up today and then I can pack. Everything is ready and layed out.

I am still pretty nervous about the long plane ride but I have 4 books, my iPad, some movies and Xanax. I need to find a small pillow and lightweight blanket today. I have never flown with my husband.


Yesterday, we went to the city for a food tasting. We are looking at different food companies (right now we have a contract and limited choices) and the one we talked to yesterday schmoozed us bigtime.
They had a menu printed up of what they would be preparing. Pancakes, bacon, sliders with slaw, chocolate peanut butter Oreo mini desserts, precut and handcut Angus beef sirloin steaks, deep fried bread pudding, bean soup, coffee, and iced tea. Some of the things we have to switch because they are made especially for our franchise and other things were items they were showing us for our new menu. 
I was a little nervous when we first walked in because it was my husband, myself and 5 guys and they were very interested in getting our business so they were very attentive (nothing wrong with being treated like the princess that I claim to be) but I let my husband do the talking (I was mainly there for the eating, the numbers part is so not my area of interest).


I also found a great strapless bra at Victoria's Secret and I have to say, there were 2 men working there and one was wearing pink, shiny lipgloss. He was very pretty, well-dressed and tanned. It is definitely a change from the size 0 girls that usually help me but I get along better with men (albeit super feminine men, but still) 

Today I have a huge list of errands and with only vehicle able to drive in the snow (mine) I guess I will be Driving Miss Daisy again and at the mercy of the hubby.


My sister Mel and little sister J and their husbands are going to my favorite place, Eureka Springs this weekend and I hope they have safe roads and decent weather and most of all, FUN!!!! I know Mel has been homeschooling and cooped up with all the snow and going a little crazy and my other sister is in law school and both of their husbands work very hard so they deserve a weekend away.









8 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo! Can't believe it's actually a day away!

    I have a shawl I take when traveling. That way you can use it as a blanket on the plane and then out to dinner when you get there.

    I never use those airplane blankets. Ick.

    Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, next weekend, but all the same - we are going! Wish you were going but you will be in a much better place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are on a roll. Good to see you are packing your husband, ha! Have a great time, relax and take some pictures to share with us.
    Gloria

    ps: try a coconut with gin, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda agree, i like it when men work on Victoria's secret. As long as they are not creepy.
    Food tasting sounds like a job i could handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget a blanket!! You'll be fine with the xanex, it's taken me to Hawaii AND China...twice, both places & I am NOT good on a plane. Please think of me as you're soaking of some of my favorite sun, 'cause even the sun is better in Hawaii!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only got 1/2 inch - THANK YOU, SNOW FAIRY!! 'Cause in Georgia, we don't like snow. And having our kids miss school for 6 days for snow is SO NOT OK! :)

    Pink, shiny lipstick, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHH!!! 1 more day!! if you take a xanax now, it will go by just sooo fast!! wait, don't do that, you got too much to do!! i have an airplane pillow, and u might want to try one like in the store, say like in a chair...it might be too bulky. i bought one of those really silky beady neck rolls...they are more moldable and not so bulky. but you may like the other. i have both...my MIL uses the two we have in different cars, and i have the log one for my lower back when driving, or when flying for my neck. got it at walmart. they may have at target too. and i have the matching throw....i agree with carrie...ewwww, those others are usually hairy and have stuff on them!!

    don't forget the camera....have fun!!! leave room for souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boyfriend and I experienced major jetlag after a day in Maui...we didn't want to sleep our days away in paradise so we tried the 5 hr energy drinks...they really helped!!
    The xanax sounds like a very good thing! Wave a Dog & Beth for us!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!