Thursday, March 24, 2011

I got an award the other day from Gloria (thank you!) and since I love all of my awards, I post them at the bottom of my blog.
The rules are simple but I am going to change them.

1.  Thank the person who sent it to you.
2.  List 7 things about yourself.
3.  Send this award to 15 other bloggers.



About me:
1.) I have recently realized that I love to travel.  I am also getting better at flying which makes it easier (or maybe it's the Xanax)
2.) I am a natural blond. 
It has gotten a little darker over the years and I get highlights but I have always been blond.
3.) I love the sun. I love the feel of it on my skin, the way it brightens up a room or the sky. 
4.) I feel more comfortable hanging around men. Men aren't catty and rarely talk behind your back.
If your butt looks bigger or you feel ugly, they still think you are hot.
5.) I like things to be very clean. I hate having dishes in the sink and I keep the counters and bathrooms spotless. The people I live with have other ideas. I despise clutter and love to organize. They collect stuff and hate to throw away. It makes me crazy.
I will be honest and tell you my husbands shower and the garage are in bad shape.
6.) I like to surround myself with great smells. My laundry has to smell just so, I keep a Downy fabric softener sheet under my seats in my car, I love scented soaps and lotions and perfumes, the house has an oil diffuser in every room and I also love candles and oil burners, I spray my sheets with linen mist and the smell of fresh cut grass is the highlight of my summer days. My husband and sons love cologne as well and their rooms never smell like "stinky teenager"
This being said, my dogs do not smell good right now. Or ever. Fail.
7.) I have a vomit phobia. 
I never get stomach bugs (now I will for sure) and only throw up if I am pregnant or too drunk, neither which happen anymore. I have trained my husband and children to avoid the whole throwing up thing and they have done well. The thought, sound, smell or implication of barf unnerves me.
I will say that my sister Mel had too much to drink the last time I was there. I was washing my face and brushing my teeth and she decided she had to vomit while I was standing right there mid-brush. (she has only one bathroom and she was too fast for me to run) I would have died a thousand deaths but she did it silently and without any to-do. 
My youngest sister got drunk and spent the night puking in the bathroom right next to my bed when we went to NYC last year. It sounded like a rhino was trying to break out of her spleen and no amount of ear covering/singing/rocking back and forth could make it stop. I still have flashbacks. There will never be another room sharing if there is a possibility she might have a drink.


Go ahead, take the award. You deserve it.

3 comments:

  1. I always knew you were a rule breaker! I agree with the whole vomit thing! Gross! I love having guy friends, myself, but they can be just as gossipy as women. Or maybe it's just the ones I hang around???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate vomit too! I once saw a talk show (I think it was Jerry Springer) where some guy would throw up all over his girlfriends and they would rub it all over themselves. Grossest thing I've ever seen!

    I agree with hanging around with men too. They are more honest...my man works with all men and they gossip like women and even worry about what each other is wearing. I went with him one saturday to work and one of the guys commented that he liked my Coach bag...these are Delta Airlines mechanics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your award; I had to laugh about training your hubby/kids not to throw up; you did good!!

    I hope you do travel more (hint hint, San Diego is beautiful most of the year); isn't Xanax wonderful?

    I'm with you with the sun too!!

    have a good weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!