Thursday, April 14, 2011

Random:

My husband saw a snake in our front yard yesterday. A snake. A slippery, slimey snake. How does this happen? I blame the lawn guy. You know, the ONE WHO SAW THE SNAKE! He has not mowed and the grass is long. I am packing a bag in case I need to leave in a hurry.

This is for you, Mel:



I dreamed last night that there were bears in our yard. Huge, killer bears that tried to eat our dogs and attack us. They were hiding in the trees (we have 75 trees on our property- my husband counted once) and I spent the entire night running away from them. Now my neck is out again and my hair is matted up in the back.


We hired another cook. He used to work there before we owned it and has lots of experience. He needed no training. Tuesday he didn't show up for his shift so I called his house. He is IN JAIL for 30 days on a parole violation. This makes 2 cooks in 2 months in the pokey. I should write a book on the sh#t that happens to us.

Yesterday when the little one got home, he saw the night stand I got him and hauled it up to his room (he is freakishly strong) A bit later, he yells down at me, "hey mom, do you have a toaster?" I yelled back "yes" and he yelled "where?" and I yelled "here, in the kitchen" so he came downstairs and started looking around. I told him it was right over on the counter. "What? where?" he said.  I said "over there, why do you need the toaster? it is bed time." "OH MY GOSH MOM, NOT A TOASTER, A COASTER  to put my water glass on at night so I don't get water rings on my night stand." Oh.
I am delighted that he thinks to use a coaster though, I raised him right.

Has anyone seen the new show Happy Endings on ABC? If not, got to ABC.com and watch both episodes, it is some funny stuff!!


I have to go to the grocery store today, get my hair done, pay some bills, pick up some light bulbs at the lighting store, get 2 picture frames, gas up my car and finish the laundry. I need to shower and start my day, have a great one!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG, that's funny! Toaster. Haha

    While you're out you should find him some "cool" coasters. I'm impressed he thought of it. Good boy.

    I'm thinkin' you need to have your dreams analized. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahaha! I'm still laughing over the 'toaster'! My kids laugh at me all the time for not hearing correctly. Some of the things I THINK they say...well, if they were still young they'd get a whoopin'!
    I think it's funny that your son yells down from upstairs asking if you have a 'toaster' and you didn't question it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i'm a slithery little snake..." hahahaha too funny, thanks for the laugh.
    Don't you love it when the kids come up with things you think they pay no attention to.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL with the snake and the coaster/toaster!! But good for him for hauling up the nightstand and for knowing he should take care of it!! I feel for you, you will feel like your front yard is never safe anymore and you will go out with trepidation always looking around (or at least that is what I did when we had a snake in the backyard) Hoping the snake finds some place else to call home!

    LOL with the cooks and their trouble with the law. It is good if they are trying to get their act together and work, but not if they are also not dependable with parole violations, etc. Hang in there!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great kid. You definitely need to get him some awesome coasters for wanting to protect the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to move! I hate snakes! I don't think my kids know what a coaster even is. Toaster...lol

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!