Thursday, May 12, 2011

I have to go to a coffee sampling at work this morning so I am limited on time but I am also limited on talk.


I know!


A recap:
Mother's Day was uneventful. I got 2 necklaces,


I worked, we went to my MIL's (she slept all day) and visited for a short while, we went home and I spent hours on the phone with Mel. Tried to go to bed really early but the big one went to the store and bought steaks (with his own money-holy hell) and made us all dinner. Surreal. Since my mom died, Mother's Day usually stinks and with my MIL so sick, it was double stinky.

Monday was a beautiful day. Sun, blue skies and high 80's. We spent the day either in the car or in doctor's offices. We learned a lot from the cancer nutritionist. We met the oncologist. The cancer is Cholangiocarcinoma and the type is Adenosarcoma. Bile duct cancer. She drew us a picture of where the tumor is and what the plan is. There is no surgery option and the cancer has spread so chemo is the way to go. It is incurable but we can shrink the tumors and pray our asses off.  We went to Sam's and stocked up on snacks for my MIL like fruit cups and pudding and applesauce. Once she starts chemo, fresh fruit will be too iffy with the germ threat. 
Since we were running all day, we missed breakfast and lunch so I took my vitamins after dinner. They must work  because I was wide awake all night long. Dammit.


Tuesday we got our sign. It looks great. I was tired all day. I forgot to take the vitamins. The boys took me out for dinner, just the 3 of us. It was delicious and we had a great time. They argued a bit but I was thankful they sat in the same car. Score. Did a load of laundry and finished this book.




Wednesday was work. Had lunch with my husbands aunt. Late day because hubby had other appointments and came in late. I took a nap and made Pioneer Woman's mac and cheese. Yum. Watched Glee and RHOOC. Another beautiful day spent inside. I just don't care about enjoying it these days.


I intend on getting the rest of my plants in the ground today. It is supposed to rain but so far it hasn't and the sun is shining. Time to get ready for my appt. 

ps: Skip caught and killed a mole at my MIL's. Yea! 

4 comments:

  1. coffee sampling sounds like a great way to begin the day; necklaces are beautiful! too cute with big one getting steaks to celebrate mother's day! I know what you mean about mother's day being different if your mom is not alive; it is hard but remember you do have boys that love you and want to honor you; nice that they did in great ways too, like having a meal together (and squabbling is part of siblings, isn't it?)

    book looks interesting

    so sorry again about MIL; glad they can try with the chemo to see what happens; look into Chemo Angels, it might be something she might get some "joy" from in the days ahead

    hugs to you all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats a terrible. It sounds like you MIL has some great advice coming your way. Good luck seems very small but good luck. The germs issue you mentioned reminded me the drs told us only pasturized juices for my mom consume while on chemo. I don't know if it helped but we followed directions well. I am signing off here and praying. Night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang! I am finding that Blogger deleted comments yesterday in their troubles; hope you got to read mine before they did so! Can't remember all I said, but thought it was great to start your day coffee sampling and loved your pendants you got!

    so sorry about your MIL, glad she will be starting chemo; did recommend to check out Chemo Angels (an organization that sends support, little cards of encouragement, small gifts, etc) to people going through chemo. It might be something she would find "joy" with during this time; just a thought.....

    hang in there!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Skip!

    I'll keep praying for your MIL. Just keep taking good care of her like you already are.

    Getting that sign up is great progress.

    Was the book good? Never mind, I'll download it and decide for myself.

    I can't believe how cold it has been today. We went to Sam's Club in Columbia. The place was Christmas-time packed. Totally insane.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!