Friday, June 3, 2011

Fashion Friday

Someone e-mailed me and asked where I got my yellow plaid button-up top I wore in the shot of me leaving Tulsa.



I got it and a lightweight cardigan of the same color at Old Navy.
They were $7 apiece.
I went through an "I hate Old Navy" phase for a while and it seems like they have some cuter things this season. I only bought 2 things though and both were clearance items so maybe I still don't love them.


On the other hand, I am loving Gap so much. I loved it since high school and then I fell hard for Banana and then lost interest and now I heart Gap again. I also love Target. And Forever 21 and Ruche. And INC brand from Macys.
I hate spending a lot of money on clothing because I am so fickle and lose interest easily but I like good quality so I have to really be careful what I buy.
I fell in love with a flowy top an Anthro a while back and could not bring myself to pay $70 for it. Then I found the same style/color top at Ruche for $40 less and grabbed it fast.
I like to do that, find things at expensive trendy stores that I love and then looking for less pricey versions of them.
It is a gift I picked up when I was poor and I never stopped doing it.
I still shop too much but this way, I get more for less and still have cute stuff.


One thing I do not buy cheap is my purse.
I love Coach bags/wallets and I hate the fakes so I get them for gifts only and I take very good care of them. I have a few that I do not use and would like to sell but am not sure how to go about it.

If you are in the market for a comfortable tank top, these are amazing.
I forgot my white tank so I borrowed one from Mel and loved it. Soft, stretchy and doesn't ride up around your waist (I am talking to YOU Old Navy tanks)

Here is the link
Mel threatened me not not steal it so I tromped over to Target and bought 4. I got 2 white and 2 gray and for $7, I am picking up a few more.


I also picked up these sandals. $12.99.  I adore them.

My MIL's air conditioner went out a couple days ago and she has been feeling really awful since her chemo Tuesday. I offered her to come here several times but she refused so last night, my husband told her she was coming over and he wouldn't take no for an answer. I set her up in the little ones room and the ac guy came over first thing this morning.
My husband turned the ac way down (I am happy with it between 75 and 78) but he turned it to 70 so his mom would cool down right away and I froze all night!


We have been having temps in the high 80's and low 90's which is usually my favorite weather but it is also those damn cicadas favorite weather so I am still a hostage. I am planning a small get-together for the little ones birthday and with the stupid bugs, we will have to stay indoors. At least I will.


I need to go order a cake for the little one's birthday and pick up a few things.


What are you loving right now??

5 comments:

  1. I am loving Target's bathing suits!! I just scored 2 new tops!
    I am also all about Ann TAylor Loft's shorts. Odd yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you want to sell your purses, ebay is a good place!! you know where to find me if you want more info/help with ebay!! i'm chinesebabydoll on ebay FYI. Do you ever shop TJ Maxx? It's like a cult- you must be dedicated to it! :) I loVe me some MAXX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's not just me that thinks Old Navy tanks ride up. I HATE that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like your fashion sense; I have absolutely none. It is always fun to see what you have gotten or what you like. So sorry about the AC at your MIL's not working, but glad she came over to your place to get some relief from the heat; I hope she is doing as well as she can through this all (and you guys too)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never find anything I like at Old Navy either. I use to love their clothes. I know exactly what you mean about their tank tops, and it looks like I will be making a trip to Target for tanks now, too.

    Cute sandals!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!