Saturday, June 4, 2011

What was going to be a small family party has now turned into a large teenager/family party.
When the little one asked if he could invite a friend, I said to invite a few.
We are up to no fewer than 10 and possibly 30. (I was planning to do this outside but the cicadas are worse every day and have taken over my yard)
This works out great because because we have 2 surprise gifts (one comes with a funny story which I shall tell later)
I spent my entire day yesterday planning this party and I have more to do today.
I had to order 2 cakes (one regular and one from DQ), buy plates/cups/napkins/streamer/balloons, get some small gifts, get wrapping paper/bags, make a bazillion phone calls, plus check on my MIL who is still at my house because her air is broken and it is HOT.
I went to Walmart twice ( Fridays at Walmart are hell) and 62 other places in the heat (which I adore but man it was really hot yesterday!) and when my Starbucks iced tea was gone, I was done.
Today I need to get a final head count from my assistant (little one's friend who is helping me with this shindig) so I can go to the store and get food for the cookout.
Also? 2 of my sisters are coming and I am so excited because they were not going to be able to make it.
Also? My husband is working all day so I have to clean this house, finish laundry, decorate, get groceries, pick up cakes and balloons, take a shower and tend to my MIL who is sleeping in the little one's room and wiped out from her chemo on Tuesday.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got your hands full. Hang in there. Hopefully things will go off without a hitch. Have fun. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun party though! I know he will like it! and I know you'll enjoy seeing your sisters and spending time with them!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!