Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Friday. That means nothing to me but maybe you are super excited for the weekend.

Here are a few things that have struck my fancy lately (subject to change because...oh is that something shiny??)



*I usually take my coffee like I take my German shepherds. Black and hot.
This stuff is yummy. I might change my coffee drinking rules. (sorry Finn and Kona)




*This is just the right shade of bright pink. It came in a kit from Sephora with tons of other glosses and ended up being my favorite. It goes on smooth and is very flattering. It doesn't stay on long so I layer it over my Stila lipcolor.


*I need to buy this. Ok, I want to buy this. Pottery Barn: can you mark it down some more for me?




*These are sooo good. It is probably because of all the chocolate. I bought all the flavors.



*Yesterday, I ran into a friend of mine who works at the bank. She had on the cutest top and pants and then proceeded to tell me Maurices was having a 75% off sale. I found 2 pairs of pants and 2 tops and barely spent a thing. 
Love these pants: (mine are dark army green)


*And this fall sweater:


*I cannot make it through Walmart without talking to at least 5 people. Since pretty much everyone in town knows us from the restaurant, it takes an insane amount of time to get through the store. Imagine how long it takes when chatterbox (hubby) is with me. Years ago, we were anonymous. It was bliss.
Once when my sisters were visiting, my sister D said it was like walking around with "Jennifer freakin' Aniston"
Yeah, I am a dead ringer for sure.
Anyway. I pick up a venti one of these before I go.
Starbucks shaken black tea, sweetened with Splenda. 
Heaven.




*I am a person who sweats. I normally use Secret clear gel with Olay and all that crap but in the summer, this does not work. Mel turned me on to this and I love it. I was in and out of the car all day yesterday. I came home and spent an hour outside watering plants and weeding gardens. I was soaked in sweat people. My pits were baby powder fresh. No lie. 

*I had to pick up some Aveda concealer yesterday. My face has been breaking out due to stress. I have to spend a lot of time spackling the canvas is what I am saying.
Here is the best concealer I have found. I apply it on blemishes and dark circles with a small foundation brush.



*While I was in there, the girls showed me the new sets they had for skincare. I have been trying all sorts of stuff lately but no solid decisions yet. I am trying this one.





*I also like these for nights when I can barely keep my eyes open. I keep them in my nightstand and take off my makeup while falling asleep.

*I have had a crazy number of hummingbirds this summer. I have been making their nectar every few days. It was empty last night and I was outside talking to my sister on the phone when 2 of them started swarming my head. Guess who had an empty feeder. Sheesh.
I just make mine in the microwave with 1 part sugar and 4 parts water (let it cool well) Easy.
I might buy a 2nd feeder for those pigs. 
I am loving this one.



*That is all today. I need to work on laundry and sift through job applications (*shudders in horror*). 


Have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. We have 3 hummingbird feeders and it seems they are almost always empty. I really like the one you show... a departure from the plastic reds.

    I use the Aveda concealer you show and love it. Good choice!

    Hmmmmmm that set from Pottery Barn has now been featured 3 times. What say you go ahead and buy it and put yourself out of your misery ;) It would look great in my guest bedroom once my virtual guest moves out.... and I redo everything. Maybe I ought to order it!

    Still in the 100's... stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that hummingbird feeder. Thanks for the recipe. I'm telling you this duvet/sham thing is eating away at you. You won't be satisfied til you pull the trigger on it. If it helps, consider it as an EARLY Christmas gift. Christmas in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might give the Aveda a try too...have been cleaning out closets and drawers and using up all of the oddball stuff that I currently have. It's just about time to invest in a whole new system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit, I was JUST talking about that same duvet from Pottery Barn!!! I just bought it! I haven't received it yet, ordered it online... but it is so pretty and I am excited!!

    I realize I am reading your blogs from newest to oldest... you and your lip gloss! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!