Friday, August 19, 2011

I thought long and hard about it and talked to my hair stylist on the Face last night and more today and decided to do an all-over blond instead of foiling highlights. The high and lowlights take 3 hours, cost a small fortune and take too much time. The color is great and while we were waiting for it to lighten (yes, it is already very light- I have blondorexia) she showed me the latest styles in feathers. Feathers are hot for fall. Earrings, hair clip-ins, shoes, etc....
Not the kind they pluck from roosters (and they do and if you are going to eat that rooster, it is ok but killing it for just feathers is mean) but a painted-on kind.
She even posted the photos on the Face so other Aveda salons could drool.
I picked purple and let me tell you, I had myself in a tizzy about the craziness of it all.
In the end, I love it.

It is on the under side of my hair so you can see it when my hair is tucked behind my ear.

This lipgloss is way darker than I ever wear but they always try to get me out of my comfort zone.

8 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to put a feather in my hair. I went looking for the feather extensions, but I couldn't find them. I watched how to do it yourself on youtube, and it looks pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a COOL look!!! You suit it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on the latest trend of feathers. I think it is way cool. I LOVE it. Looks GREAT on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those! Subtle but kinda wild too! So trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drop dead gorgeous. Period.

    Just for the record, the lip gloss really looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took the grands to my Aveda hairstylist and had their hair tinseled. She thought the tinsel would last 4 or so weeks, two months later the tinsel was still in their hair. They loved it.

    Yours looks great. Those feathers are cool and definitely the in thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it. I might just have to copy you.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!