Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it Wednesday already? Wow, time flies.

I have lots to write about but it is almost time for bed.

~I broke down and re-joined Twitter. My icon is on the side of my blog. 
I am not entertaining on Twitter and I do not know how to post a picture or video.

~Against my better judgement, I am watching Bachelor Pad. It is good and awful at the same time. I still dislike Vienna but it is sweet how she and Kasey are in love. She would totally throw him into the path of a bus to save her own ass but oh well.

~I have a lot of friends who have helped out in Joplin since the tornado and they have done an astounding job getting back to "normal" 
The high school was destroyed but they used other buildings and were all able to start school today.


~The little one started today too and I missed the chance to get a first day of school photo. He was surely thankful to dodge that bullet.

~I have 2 days of work left until our manager gets back from vacation. I hope she is ready to play because we have implemented some changes and she isn't going to like them. 


~One of my least favorite cooks quit Monday. I could sing and dance. He was a fat, lazy slob who brought everyone down.

~There is a server (also on vacation, coincidentally) who I want to punch in the face almost daily. She lies, gives food away and treats everyone like shit. But she does it slyly. We have talked to her endlessly about her attitude and behavior but she is slimy and sneaky. I read people very well and I am not fooled but getting rid of employees involves a lot of documentation and patience. I cannot wait for the day she is gone. No, I am not going to kill her but if a flock of angry seagulls were attacking her and pecking her to death, I wouldn't spill my frozen margarita to save her. I would enjoy my sun and beach and hope her shrieks wouldn't annoy me too much. 


~We have plans with friends for Saturday night. This will include cocktails.

~This same friend is a district manager for a gas company and she invited me to their customer appreciation day on Friday. She tried to lure me in with promises of a clown and hotdogs. I told her that if there were monkeys and snakes there too, it would be my worst nightmare. 

~I have awful cramps today.

~The little one gave me a Piperlime/Gap gift card that he wasn't going to use. Wasn't going to use????? I got 2 very expensive sweaters on super clearance from Piperlime. 


~Interviewing people for a job sucks. I always sit in and watch the master (my hubby) and I can see through people pretty well but there are a lot of liars, druggies and losers out there. And you never really can be sure until after you hire them. We were really lucky to find a dishwasher, 2 cooks and a server that are great. The other server is iffy. We need one more cook to replace the guy that just quit. And hopefully a new server;) 
I will have to post soon about our fun school clothes shopping trip. 

For now, here is some fun that I borrowed from Carrie.

1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?


It would be cheese. I have parmesan, swiss, cheddar, american, motzarella and provolone. We are obviously mice. A nice grilled cheese. With a Bud Lite Lime.

(I am grocery shopping tomorrow.) 
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?


I wish I was sweet. Easygoing and happy. I am not any of those things but I try every day.


3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?


My sense of humor.


4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?


Funny although I have sent serious ones to people in times of need.

 
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?


If shell-gathering took me back to Hawaii, I am picking that answer. Star gazing isn't bad with my hubby, hammock and a vodka tonic.

6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?


I re-check myself before I leave the house. I am a mess and sometimes forget things. Like once I got in the car with 2 different black flats on. I always double check my alarm for the mornings I work.

7. What's your favorite place for people watching?

The airport and Walmart.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

 ~I am getting my hair done tomorrow. I am thinking all-over blond color as opposed to my normal highlights.
 

6 comments:

  1. I would starve at your house because I hate cheese!

    You just can't stay away from facebook or twitter. A twitter account is one thing I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's funny, you posted that line about your manager twice. I'm guessing you really can't wait, and she's really not going to like it. Or was that on purpose? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of randomness there. It is a shame you can't make life difficult enough for your not so great waitress that she will just quilt already!

    I'd be fixing grilled cheese too and would be able to serve it with chips and salsa.

    Have a fun night out. Cocktails sound really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great sense of humor. I wouldn't get rid of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully, you and the hubby will have a weekend to yourselves, soon. I don't know how you have the patience to deal with crazy people that you have to interview for potential jobs. I would go crazy doing this. Sarcasm would get the better of me. Keep your sense of humor, it helps get you through this thing called life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feathers!! Is that what they are called?? It looks really good! And the style is beautiful too!!!

    You are sooo funny!! I love cheese, when I went to Italy I went to the marketplace with my daughter and bought a big chunk of fresh parmesan! Omg it melted in your mouth it was sooo salty good and fresh and creamy. I just love cheese.

    Well, glad you are getting back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!