Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday

This boy/man/baby/kid/loon is 21 today. (the 28th)
I am clearly not old enough to have a 21 year old.
My knees would disagree as the left one has been slowly dying on me.

He is funny, smart, stylish, colorful, challenging, artistic, inventive and sweet. 
He marches to his own drummer and can play any instrument, sing like Bocelli, dance, run, shop, eat, learn something new in no time, cook, color his hair, pick out great clothes, decorate, laugh at everything, make up the funniest sayings, melt people's hearts and drive us nuts. 
All on the same day.









I have been too busy to blog.
Every week brings a new obstacle in our lives. Family comes and goes like crazy, doctor visits turn into hospital admissions, we are being pulled in every direction and barely have time for a breath so we are just living in the moment.
I have been able to do a few fun things now and again. Shopping and dinner with my husbands aunt (the sole member of his family who enjoys shopping), a Starbucks, vodka tonics, new fall clothing, quick drinks with friends and lots and lots of family time.
Peace out.

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the big one!! What a great milestone to get to! Enjoyed seeing the pictures of him through the years and his birthday picture from this year (great looking son and cake!)

    I think sometimes living in the moment is the best thing to do (as long as it includes Starbucks and vodka tonics!!!)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your son. He sounds like quite a guy. Good looking too, like his momma. Life is usually hectic. Hopefully the pace will slow a bit, so you can catch your breath. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the big one! He is very handsome - even when he is clowning araound.

    Life does sometimes get in the way of blogging, doesn't it... I hope you are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather in between everything else going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, no chance he could be mistaken for a younger brother either!

    Life does sometimes seem to be a constant test, especially as we get older.

    Remember to breathe - in your nose, out your mouth and really visualize your stress leaving on the exhale.

    I used to work in safety and this was taught to me by a guy in a super stressful job (bomb squad among other chores). It will lower your heart rate, blood pressure, and the level of cortisol (stress hormones)in your bloodstream. Best of all, it truly works!

    Best wishes for better days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the Big One! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my baby! Those are the cutest pics of him!!! I'm going to try to call you in a few when I'm on my way to pick up O.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what lovely fun pics!! he is adorable!! all of you look so cute!! and you look like your having so much fun. i will be having my daughter and her girls for a whole month in october. uber edibles i cant wait for!!! lol they grow so fast, as you well know!! enjoy them now, and please slow down, it goes soooo fast, bless your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie! Happy Birthday to him! Found your blog through Kelli's links, love the backgrounds and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, obviously you must have only been 14 when you had him :)
    hang in there...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popping by quick to let you know you won my Giveaway. Deets on my Blog. I will have to send it to you next week as I am away visiting my family right now so I can mail it to you when I get back next Thursday.

    Your son looks just like you. He's Gorgeous.

    Happy Cake Day to him. Tomorrow is my Happy Cake Day.

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!