Thursday, October 27, 2011

It is almost noon and I am still in pj's drinking coffee but I can explain but do I really need to?


I just made a roast. More specifically, I put it in the crock pot and isn't crock pot a funny thing? Isn't a crock, also a pot? I shall ponder on this all day.
Anywho, over the summer, we bought some beef from our neighbor who has some cows (real grass fed cows) and there was a roast in with the steaks and ground beef soooooo here I am chopping veggies and onions which I made my husband chop up are quite fragrant.


I have spent the better part of 2 days deep cleaning and organizing the master bath. I pulled everything out of the cabinets (which are still taken apart since I started painting them 2 years ago, remember that? yeah, I plan to address that today) and cleaned out the first aid kit, travel stuff (how many tiny bottles of Aveda products did I buy for Hawaii last Feb.?) and the basket of extra stuff like cotton balls and razor blades (isn't it time to quit shaving for the winter? agh)
I have 5 tubes of toothpaste (you never know when the stores will run out ;)  4 bottles of Downy wrinkle release spray, 10 bars of Lever 2000 and enough bandaids and various types of Advil to cure the world.


I am slowly adjusting to the colder temps and it really has been a pretty fall so far. The leaves are again taking over the yard and despite Mr. Funny's best efforts, it looks as though he hasn't burned a single leaf.

The dogs are locked out today too. They act like they are being abused by being left outside to fend for themselves with the humans in the house totally ignoring them.
I looked outside a while ago and Skip (Jack Russell) humping Kona (German) and then Finn (also German) so they must be bored.


I got a letter in the mail the other day about jury duty. I told them I was a business owner and did not have a replacement if I was called for jury duty. I got this letter today:




The little one is going to the final football game tonight and the big one is packing for his trip out of town for the weekend (ahhh, peace)
 

I am off to look for my good paint brush.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of day. PJ's Til noon. LOVE it. I can smell that roast cooking. Can you make room at the table for another? LOL You were brave to tackle your vanity. I don't dare look under my sink, goodness only what I'd find. I have always wondered about jury duty. Never been called. One less thing for you to worry about. Take care. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the dogs! Good that you did get out of jury duty; if you are needed at the "shop" good to get excused. I got called in August; I was hoping I would get sequestered (I didn't even get on a jury, but spent three hour waiting in the jury room and read a book and my company paid for it, so I think that was a good win-win situation!)

    When I was self employed, I always did ask for the exemption from serving. I do hope I get to serve sometime, I do think it would be interesting.

    Especially if I got sequestered, LOL.

    Had to laugh with all your supplies in the bathroom; it was very similar to what we had here when we "took over". I didn't have to buy soap for months :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are also slowly adjusting to colder temperatures. but fall has been beautiful this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!